What are the brighest lights for a TR??

just put a set of cool blues on my monte carlo ss. i like how they look on my car, know thinking about put them on my grand national

Hey Nick,

Got my lights in today, they look great, however I have that wiring problem you were talking about. The brights indicator is on all the time, and unless I unplug the bright lights, all 4 headlights are on, outsides bright, insides (brights) are dim. Anyhow, if you could email me how you wired your lights, it would be greatly appreciated!! Im gonna buy the replacement harnesses and splice in the new ones with the correct wires on the correct terminals. Thanks a lot........btw, when I get internet access at my new house (hopefully tomorrow), I will email you pictures.

turbov6neil86@hotmail.com

OK, just drove home with my lights and had to post. I had read this whole post about 3 times before. Now that I live in the Woods I need light! Just wanted to help anyone else out there that has to move far away from the city also :)
To start with, I have the Daniel Stern H4/H1 conversion (E code) with the strong bulbs (I forgot the wattage) and Caspers brightener. Just looking at the car from the outside, it looks awesome with the clear glass lens and with the lights on, it looks very white and clear.
Driving with the low beams is pretty good. WAY better than any headlamp I have used. The cutoff is crisp and nice. Not 1 on coming driver has ever brighted me.
The brights are another story. Can you say DAYLIGHT? :eek: :eek: :biggrin: I believe that all 4 lights are 100W. If you were to block out the dark sky, it really does look like daylght for about 40-50 ft on the road in front of you. I really don't think that I have EVER seen brighter headlamps.
The only thing that I would say is that maybe in the future I would think about going to the HID for the lows only. It does look cooler and I believe that I will get some more light on the road with them. Hope I helped.

Dude! This is a way old thread and I did not read thru it , but when my all 4, 100's came on - :) :eek: :wink: :cool:
I think I hit all the positive smile's - it is like the difference between stock injectors and turbo and 83pph and 70 series turbo!

My Silverstars suck compared to going with real lights and my real light experience is from the late 80's!!!!!!!!!!

daniel turned me on to a set of... the best.. headlamps.. ever..

$189ea :eek:

ill get pics tomorow.

silverstars

hey guys

i installed the silverstar in my 91 Z28 and i love them. i only bought the low beams at first just to try them out.

the low beam silver stars are just as bright as the standard halogen high beams. so i can only imagine how bright the high beam silverstars are.

I went to Sylvania Silverstars about a year ago, & I love them. I am going to the Kirban's or the Casper's headlight wiring Upgrade next. And you guys that can afford 2 bills per headlight, that's way too deep pockets for me.

TType 84- You have to post the pics and give us some more info. I really think that it is impossible to improve on the bright setup without having like a 747's landing lights :biggrin:

Blown and Injected- You were actually the person that convinced me to go with the setup I have.

I realize that this post is old but just wanted to shed some light (I know cheesey) on the best setup. This way people can actually learn something from the search function.

Also lets be clear, a sealed beam is in NO way shape or form going to throw the same light as an H4/H1 setup with the upgraded wiring harness. The bulbs or the light that is thrown out from the Silverstars does look whiter and brighter. It does not illuminate any better than most regular sealed lamps. I bought the Silverstars and did testing (see previous post).

They are expensive but when you factor in the front end parts for our cars, I feel that the best lights are absolutely necessary. Especially if you have any Bambi's running at large with no street lights! Plus with the brights on, it really hits the reflectors of any police vehicles from far away :eek: HTH!

well, that's why this is america, land of the free....
And that is why we can decide on our own, as you have done. You provide a link to the web site of an individual, a person who has made up his/her mind in favor of the E-code lights. For the cost of a morning searching the internet, you could as easily have found information supporting the opposite conclusion. There are reasons why the "e-code" is european only, and is not accepted by the US standards organizations. But thank you for the dose of bulls**t, I'm sure it helps almost as much as facts would have.

Here's a more even handed discussion.Magazine Article on Lighting Note the power differential between the HID lighting and the conventional halogen lights, and the discussion of WHY the e standard is different from the american standard.

Im going HID with diamond cut housings...... I'll let you know how it goes. Since I want the brightest purple I can get, I'm thinking of getting the 30000K bulbs, but like I said, I'll let you guys know how it goes..... :cool:

Ormand said:
And that is why we can decide on our own, as you have done. You provide a link to the web site of an individual, a person who has made up his/her mind in favor of the E-code lights. For the cost of a morning searching the internet, you could as easily have found information supporting the opposite conclusion. There are reasons why the "e-code" is european only, and is not accepted by the US standards organizations. But thank you for the dose of bulls**t, I'm sure it helps almost as much as facts would have.
wow, did someone **** in your wheaties or what dude?

i went with e-code (lol!) housings from daniel stern @ danielsternlighting.com

$62 apiece, they are miles better than any of that diamond cut crap could hope to produce.

the other $189/ea housings were so deep we would have to cut our mounting buckets.

TType 84-
I had spoke and emailed a person who had the Bosch projectors in his 80-90's Camaro and they looked really nice when off. He said that the install was not that hard. He also said that it was night and day differance from the E-codes. They are always on low beam and don't change when the hi beams are on. I wish I had the b&lls and the $$ to try them. My low beam set up now can be improved.
If I were ever to see them work first hand I would probably buy them.

GNICETRY said:
TType 84-
I had spoke and emailed a person who had the Bosch projectors in his 80-90's Camaro and they looked really nice when off. He said that the install was not that hard. He also said that it was night and day differance from the E-codes. They are always on low beam and don't change when the hi beams are on. I wish I had the b&lls and the $$ to try them. My low beam set up now can be improved.
If I were ever to see them work first hand I would probably buy them.
yeah... i just dont have the $ to spend on headlights.. the cibie and hellas look nice though.

btw i think this is like the longest ongoing thread in buick history, started in 2002 ;)

Silverstars and going to do the harness from Kirban.
Had a '70 Skylark with the T3's, changes to halogens then made my own headlight "hot wire" kit, it does make a difference getting voltage to the bulb.

I have headlight covers on my car and wonder which sealed beam would give me more light so I don't have to remove the covers at nite.