What all is needed for the MAF translator

ez at nova

I hate rice
I'm contemplating switching to the Translator route, but, I'm not understanding what all I'd need, and therefore, the total cost. I'd need the Translator unit, a MAF (maybe the 3" will allow me to keep all the hoses I currently use??), connectors?, adaptor plugs? I can't seem to find a vendor or place that sells everything in a nice neat package of what I'd need.
If it matters, the black coil-hose coming from my ram-air is a 3" I figure, since it's just clamped to the stock MAF.

If this route seems like too much of a pain or too costly, I guess I'll start trying to find a stock/rebuilt MAF somewhere. The websites like Advance and Autozone have to many that come up as correct units, but I've heard the horror stories. I think Kirban sells reman's too.

Thanks!
Jeff

Was plug and play for me...Got a couple "LT1" MAF's from the yards and one new one..Translator plugs right in, mount the box and away you go...Have been using a used one for some time now with no issues, they seem to be pretty tough...SO, all you would really need is the Translator and a 3" MAF..I didnt need any extra connectors or adapters

:)

Goto http://www.fullthrottlespeed.com/index.asp?CartId={265F1707-927C-4F6B-BEVEREST1BE-78DC42906C1A}&url=IND
you can everything from mike ;) Plus he makes them :D

Interesting. Looking at some sites that sell these, there are Buick converter plugs, splice kits, plug and play adapter/kits... That would be nice if all I need is the translator box and an LT1/Impala SS 3" MAF. What supports the new LT1 MAF? What I mean is, the stock one bolts to that bracket for support, so it doens't flop around.