What about oil pressure (109).

Well, he put in 20W-50 Valvoline (I added ZDDPlus) and pressure is 40 on highway at about 2k rpm. So I guess I'll leave it alone. Kind of funny how the the new TA cover and oil pump gears improved oil pressure in town but reduced it on the highway. Maybe something wasn't done right but I'll leave it alone.

Well, he put in 20W-50 Valvoline (I added ZDDPlus) and pressure is 40 on highway at about 2k rpm. So I guess I'll leave it alone. Kind of funny how the the new TA cover and oil pump gears improved oil pressure in town but reduced it on the highway. Maybe something wasn't done right but I'll leave it alone.
Valvoline another motor oil I'm not to fond of but a lil better than penzoil but, what ever works for you. thanks for the info.

VR1 racing oil is much better than conventional. It already has zddp and other friction modifiers.

RL

I did a search on VR1 racing oil I don't know for a fact but looks like it doesn't contain zinc or zddp.

TurboBuRick said:
VR1 racing oil is much better than conventional. It already has zddp and other friction modifiers.

RL

X2

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

robztheman said:
I did a search on VR1 racing oil I don't know for a fact but looks like it doesn't contain zinc or zddp.

VR1 - Valvoline Race oil does have zinc.

image-1401318636.png

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Despite what vr1 says zddp wise the sl/sm or sn rating on the starburst label on back of bottle is dead give away that it does NOT have real high zinc. Its the upper end of the allowable limit for said rating but as the oil gets use the zddp depletes.By law oil rated to the above ratings have a cap on the limit. Thats FACT.

I see you are correct.

Conventional petroleum oil…………zinc/phos .083/.076
Synthetic blend oil………………….....zinc/phos .083/.076
Full synthetic oil………………....……zinc/phos .084/.077
Conventional (petroleum) Racing Oil….zinc/phos .120/.120
Synthetic Racing Oil………………….........zinc/phos .120/.120
VR1 "Racing Oil
10W30 not SM rated and 20W50 SM rated….zinc/phos .130/.120

I pulled this info from from a Chevy forum. So I don't know if its factual.