wet shot + meth Q

lucky1

i have been debating going with a 50 to 75 wet shot in the spring, and was wondering how the meth would act when it's all sprayed together.
is there down falls to running this combo? i tried using the search but couldnt find what i was looking for. any info you guys can post up would be GREATLY appreciated.

If I may ask....what kind of boost are you running? Looks like you are looking for more horsepower? There are some guys that are running their cars on the bottle that will chime in. I have no experience in this area but I think there are some easier ways to acheive more hp without making it difficult. I think most of the guys on here are using it to spool large turbos. Just wondering if your just looking to put a little more to the ground?:biggrin:

If I may ask....what kind of boost are you running? Looks like you are looking for more horsepower? There are some guys that are running their cars on the bottle that will chime in. I have no experience in this area but I think there are some easier ways to acheive more hp without making it difficult. I think most of the guys on here are using it to spool large turbos. Just wondering if your just looking to put a little more to the ground?:biggrin:

usually around 25 or so psi, yeah i pretty much wanna get a little bit more out of her without killing my pocketbook this year as im already planning a overhaul of the motor.
i was thinking either a heads and cam package, bigger turbo, or spray.
i would really like to go with a bigger turbo or the heads package but not really sure what to look for.

I plan on doing the same exact thing, 50-75 shot till like 10-12 lbs boost, then let the meth take over.

lucky1,i run a wet kit with meth not sure what you mean by how will it react?i can tell you the wet kit held the afr steady and did not lean out.i ran up to a 50 shot on my stock motor and it the car really woke up.the spray is really tough on motors and drivetrain so be prepared as it will quickly find the weaknesses.

I would run it all the way through the whole pass! Dial the car in with meth, and then dial in the wet shot on top of your car's regular tune.

I have heard that in turbo applications a 50 "shot" can be worth an actual 75-100HP. You may also want to start with a 35.

If you do it this way, your car will always have the meth injection, but it will also have the spray on tap tuned and ready to go all the time.

Most guys never do it because they are happy with what they have, but if you're looking for an extra bump nitrous is a great compliment to any turbo setup.

You can use the ISAC to control your meth and nitrous delivery :)

You can even use the wideband control of the ISAC as a safety net :D

You already have a 4" intake pipe, and some decent rpm's on your converter. What's your down pipe and exhaust system looking like? I don't see you having any problem spooling that turbo. If you utilize nitrous to spool that turbo, you're going to lose traction, defeating the entire purpose. You have alky AND a front mount. You could do 30psi and get away with it. If I were you, I'd go straight for a heads and intake package. Maybe a cam if you can swing it.
With that top end flowing a lot better, you can run a little more boost, easier. Do that, along with getting your traction so that you can get a good solid 5 or more psi launch, with zero wheel spin all the way out.
Also, what kind of chip are you running? Do you have a power plate? What does your suspension look like, and will your injectors be able to handle any more boost?

good ? my ? is more along

what do i have to do if i want to buy some meth and try it? not to run all the time but just to see the differance and what does it take to get it cleaned outta the alky tank i use ( resevoir overflow for radiator ). once it's empty will the alky be ok to shoot it through without any real hassles. just curious prev owner told me he tried it and it really makes a differance. happy with what i got but interested to see what's the diff and do's and don'ts. not planning on doing it all the time just a few matbe depending on reaction.

You already have a 4" intake pipe, and some decent rpm's on your converter. What's your down pipe and exhaust system looking like? I don't see you having any problem spooling that turbo. If you utilize nitrous to spool that turbo, you're going to lose traction, defeating the entire purpose. You have alky AND a front mount. You could do 30psi and get away with it. If I were you, I'd go straight for a heads and intake package. Maybe a cam if you can swing it.
With that top end flowing a lot better, you can run a little more boost, easier. Do that, along with getting your traction so that you can get a good solid 5 or more psi launch, with zero wheel spin all the way out.
Also, what kind of chip are you running? Do you have a power plate? What does your suspension look like, and will your injectors be able to handle any more boost?

I agree with you. Heads first when you have upgraded the rest already. That will wake it up!

A 50 shot will be an easy and cheap way to add some new awesome power to your present combination. Using the nitrous with the meth injection will not be a problem. I agree with what someone already posted, just add the nitrous after you've got the tune without the nitrous dialed in.

i have ATR headers, and a 3 in DP with an external wastegate, with a exhaust dump
im running a older TT chip, no power plate right now but ordering one before spring, suspension right is some drag springs and air bags are being ordered next week. once i get my tax returns i will also be ordering a set of MT DR's so i can hook a little better.
i'm gonna have to see what the funds look like once i get everything ordered to see if i can squeeze a set of heads in. if i cant i may just do the small wet shot for next season.