water injection results

Alvin

Hey guys,

With windshield wiper fluid a M10 nozzel and shurflow pump I picked up 3mph by being able to turn the timeing up with my water injection.

i'm impressed.

Give us some info......

I've always been interested in TB inj. Let us know about your car, mods, ET, mph, water inj details, etc. GM considered this also, I'm sure you know about the "Power Injection" light on the right side of the dash.

Originally posted by Alvin
Hey guys,

With windshield wiper fluid a M10 nozzel and shurflow pump I picked up 3mph by being able to turn the timeing up with my water injection.

i'm impressed.

Tried a higher percentage of methanol yet??? :D

I wish i wasn't so lazy or i would be out there fiddling with the pressure..

Its definately way to high.. just screwing around with it i must have put 4 turns on that screw.. Its probally 120psi hehe

well, i didn't mess with any straight methonol. I asked a paintshope if they carried it and they said no. I guess I coudl by it at the track but seeing how i live 45min from the closest (and crappiest track) i think i'll just keep using plain jane washerfluid or just water.

I don't have any after blower temp sensors but the intake side went from 80 degrees to ambient (around 50) in a matter of 2-3 seconds.. with water being vaporized at a higher temperature the cooling effect should be much greater.

one thing for sure..

you can see steam coming out the tail pipes on the video of the car running down the track.

How do you define what is too much?

Originally posted by Alvin
one thing for sure..

you can see steam coming out the tail pipes on the video of the car running down the track.

How do you define what is too much?

When the car bogs.

Steam is too much.

denautured also works well. just cut it down less and try. Any paint store carries it.

Likewise black smoke is too much when alcohol is used.

As far as the pressure, now you know why I make the things I do.. :) link below..