Water in oil?

Heath

Elroyjr
I have the engine out, I have pulled the heads, the intake or head gaskets look fine. So where is the water coming from? I have receiver grooves cut in the heads. Running Felpro 1007 gaskets. Any ideas?:confused:

How did the front cover gasket look? The water pump is on the outside but the inside gasket seals the block coolant to water pump inlet and outlet.
Another possible issue is with the block/heads being cracked allowing water/coolant to exscape the coolant cavity into the engine oil.
Be sure to examine the head gaskets/intake gasket real close, it don't take much.

Chuck

The same symptoms led to my rebuild. I still don't know how water got in my oil. It was a quick way to a roller cam and forged pistions.:)

water in oil

the gasket is ruffed up just a little around the water passages,could that cause water to get in the oil? If so that sucks, I dont have but about 3000 miles and maybe 20 passes on the engine:(

I did not pull the front cover off. I will check that next, my 2 year old manages my free time,SO I DONT GET MUCH:)

I let someone else look at the head gaskets and there is a little damage by the water passages. I am going to change the front cover gasket since i have the engine out.