Watch out for RICE!

Son you need to stay in school !!!!!!! ........................Just kidding i couldnt resist . My Girlfriend works for Subaru , i drove a WRX , cute ,real cute :p I saw the STI at a technical seminar she was giving in pittsburg . She slammed my head in the hood when i tried to look in there , she said " Sorry Buick guy " Well not exactly but thats my story .

My brother-in-law and I raced a WRX sti. I asked the guy if he had won against any camaro's yet. He said "No you"ll be the first!" We left him in the dust. They went at it from a roll about 25 mph. The camaro (lt1 93) has 289 hp at the wheels with a 100 shot. Camaro was spinning the tires AND was pulling away from the sti. No big deal. We won by 3-4 car lengths. Yea they have 300 hp at the fly buy not at the wheels.

P.S. If your guys are looking for a great deal on any new car look below.

Originally posted by I eat Z06
P.S. anyone ever line up with/seen a Skyline?

Tried to. My friend has a 97 R33 but its bone stock and he doesn't want to run it yet. He said its slow as S*** right now. Otherwise I've never seen or ran any.

So how many times is a WRX or WRX sti able to kill something across an intersection? Everything I have seen and read about them shows they are fast until they break. Even worse when you mod them and get some more power going through the drivetrain. The drivetrain in them reminds me of an LS1 F-body. Fun to watch launch at the track because they are a ticking timebomb

As for the WRX that runs 9's, how much did they spend to get it that fast? Probably enough to get 3 GN's into the 9's Cubic dollars and a turbocharged wallet don't impress me at all :Þ

1badTTA, you are right about the ticking time bomb. The 5spd manual gearbox is a POS. I heard that Subaru started using glass instead of metal to save weight for trannys. The case flexes way too much resulting in KaBOOM.:mad: I found out the hard way that doing 4 wheel drive burnouts wasnt good for the tranny. Lost it at 8,000 miles with no 2nd gear syncro.:mad: The 6 speed is a virtually indestructable tranny. It is essentially the same one used in all the Subaru rally cars. That is one major reason why the STi is so sought after by WRX owners. I wont take my WRX to the track - too scared I will break somthin.

Nick

The WRX , a car which is kinda analogous to a gay guy who lifts weights. Why couldnt they have made them look better. And I shall never own a car with an un-accessible drive train.
Yea , I know, I own a Gremlin.

Originally posted by I eat Z06
P.S. anyone ever line up with/seen a Skyline?

Yep. Stock R33, he didn't bite though. I don't think he would have been to happy if he did. ;)

I own an 86 GN that will run high 11's all day. I'm 16 and at my high school there is what i cal "the Subaru gang". It consist of 2 brothers and a sister. They all have 01' WRX wagons(yes i said wagons) and think my car is just an old Buick;) . They all think they could take me but i tell them they don't know what there up against. I keep on saying that my turbo is as big as their engine. I have to put it Laymens terms because there total dumbass'. The sad thing is that they won't race me. They say they have nothing to prove to me. What a shame:p

Thik Stik, the WRX is very easy to work on and big engine bay. The motor sits like a rwd not fwd. And the block is not much bigger than a VW in length so there is a ton of room in there. Tranny is pretty big for a manual though.
Badass86gn: just egg the guy on in front of his friends and he will cave. Hope that the family isnt super rich and can afford to put gobbs of money into all of their childrens cars. The wagons are slower than the sedans because of weight, aerodynamics, and rigidity.

Nick

i kinda dig those little sedans

where i'm from there are so many jap. cars that race, and belive it or not but some out here would really impress you guys and piss you off. i've under estimated a lot years ago but now can tell from fast to slow. i called out a WRX(didn't sound stock) in a cool manner, then he asked what i had? told him "just a BLACK regal" then he kinda new what i had. I then specified and he quickly said "man that thing would walk all over me, why you wanna race me for" not even asking if i was stock or not. i told him that i know these cars(WRX) are pretty quick, but he still said NO. thats what i love about these cars, they put fear in other people but at the same time you can't have any fun......