Wastegate actuator adjustmetn vs. boost consistency

nuclearxp

Situation:
I have a 13psi wastegate. I can't run more than that because 13 or above maxes out my maf (other story). I have a boost controller (greddy profec b-spec II) I'd like to use in order to spool up quicker. My thoughts are if I program the controller to bleed off pressure to the wastegate until it hits around 11psi that'll spool the turbo faster, correct? For those with electronic boost controllers, I'm curious to where you start the wastegate opening relative to your desired max? What about duty cycle for the solenoids? %ages?

And to the main question: I realize shortening the wastegate rod may increase your max boost to a point because the wastegate will not be able to physically open as far. My question is: does tightening up the acutator rod facilitate boost spiking? My thoughts are that with a lightly tightened rod the wastegate will be able to ease open and close to regulate the boost buildup. Conversely, does a real tight wastegate rod cause the boost to spike because it's fighting its way open?

Situation:
And to the main question: I realize shortening the wastegate rod may increase your max boost to a point because the wastegate will not be able to physically open as far. My question is: does tightening up the acutator rod facilitate boost spiking? My thoughts are that with a lightly tightened rod the wastegate will be able to ease open and close to regulate the boost buildup. Conversely, does a real tight wastegate rod cause the boost to spike because it's fighting its way open?

i'm pretty new here too, but i have read that you can tighten the rod to a point, but as you approach a certain length (it probably varies from actuator to actuator), boost spike could become an issue. someone correct me if i'm wrong. HTH.

Nuclearxp,

The base setting on the profec spec 2 is to have your "set gain" set 4 psi below your desired output. So if you want to run 13 psi, then you shall set your controller on 9 psi for quick spool up. The closer the better, so try to go up from 9 psi until that moment when it begin to spike.

Daniel