Wanted- HELP- Going Turbo or broke, possibly both!

2006LJRubicon

I have now realized that turbos are the future, the best way to go fast.
I have a 225" dragster. I want to turbo it. I found a great deal on a Precision 94mm billit insides. I am looking at making around 1300 HP and then sum. I have a BBC, 555 CI, Brodix heads. I am going to put it on Alcohol. My question is simple, what parts do i need to get. The lower end is stout enuff, i know i have to replace the pistons. What EFI system would be best for my setup. If anyone could shoot me a little list of parts, recommendations, it would be great. What are your thoughts on the Precision 94mm Billet Turbo.

Thanks
Mark

First you will need a very deep pocket. Then you will need the proper pistons and id look for 10.0-11.0:1 compression ratio. Build around the single 94 turbo with a T6 flange. Its plenty to get it done. Your hp target is very low for your alky 555ci engine. It could make 2000hp very easy. You will need to bring the entire chassis to a fab shop for headers and wastegate fab and connection. Massive fuel delivery controlled by a stand alone harness with an XFI or similar. You should be able to hit 1300hp running under 15 psi if revving to about 7000 rpm. Gear the dragster to go through the quarter at or around your highest projected mph. There is a ton more involved but thats just a few of the basics that will be needed. If you are in the northeast id be happy to rec an excellent fab shop. PM if interested.

bison is good for info but you might want to go to the V8 conversion section and do some reading. Welcome aboard.

Thanks a ton! Just got with a local guy doing some turbo work and he showed me a ton of info today. Not to mention i found a couple of 106s and 114s forsale for the same price as the 94. They are just used. V8 conversion here i come.