want to rebuild trans dont know what route

liv4gnz

extreme automatics is like 13-14 hundred

its gonna be a daily car barely track passes

te44 alky like 23 psi have no idea the horsepower thats gonna be at, but would a stock rebuild be enough for that or do i absolutely NEED something heavier than that?

considering a stock rebuild from a very reputable and always hundred percent quality precision work for my cost around 500??

I would say get some extras too. Good servo, shift kit and extra clutches and you should be good. You wont get that for near $500 though.

cheap route "might" work BUT as your sitting on the side of the road you may have a different view :cool: anything can and WILL break .. just a matter of time :cool:

well will a factory rebuild be a waste of time or will it hold for like atleast 50k miles

Its a waste. Dont even bother. Its not too much more to get some better parts.

well i dont know **** about transmissions lol

so a stock factory rebuiuld will be a waste and will prematurely wear out due to excess power it cant handle?

lol what should i bring them when rebuilding or what are the usual upgrades that should be done, can i give him my own clutch packs that are heavier or stronger

Just let Lonnie @ extreme automatics handle parts and labor, you will not be dissapointed. He knows what a turbo buick needs to make one last and go fast relaible. Have you called and talked to him?

Thanks
Bill

extreme automatics is like 13-14 hundred

its gonna be a daily car barely track passes

te44 alky like 23 psi have no idea the horsepower thats gonna be at, but would a stock rebuild be enough for that or do i absolutely NEED something heavier than that?

considering a stock rebuild from a very reputable and always hundred percent quality precision work for my cost around 500??

I do appreciate your considering my business for a transmission. I will be happy to help you in any way that I can. I am very busy unlike some of the transmission PM saleman, so please forgive me if I dont attack you via PM like a rabbid dog. So if you would like to discuss your options please feel free contact me at the shop. I look forward to hearing from you.

Well to thing's i learned you can't cheap on is the engine, and trans! Now i have had my trans gone thru at least 7 time's, and it in the trans shop as we speak! The average trans shop can build it, and a stock setup will not hold. I found a guy hear that is good on the price, and willing to listen to any info i bring him on upgrades! He call Art Carr to get parts, and info. The trans broke this time due to my mistake, so i saw a article in the HOT ROD magazine, and it had Art Carr giving good info on the 2004R, so he's upgradeing a few things. Maybe one day i can afford a vendor built trans, but for now i will do what i can. Even tho with the cash ive thrown at this trans i could have got one from the vendors, but the cash didnt come all at once!

I think most of the vendors here know there way around these transmissions. I'm also sure most have good customer service. I've only bought a trans from Lonnie though and to tell you the truth, I'd have a really hard time buying from anyone else. It's not personal against any other vendors. I just know from experience that Lonnie is an extremely honest guy that stands behind his product and builds one hell of a 200-4r. IMO it's worth babying what you got and saving for a good build. There's no feeling like coming off a t-brake (which is awesome! Thanks again Lonnie) and feeling the car slam 2nd, and then third, and never worrying about whether or not it will hold. I'm sure someday it will wear out or something will break. But probably not anytime soon. If and when that day comes I'm calling Lonnie and upgrading. Even if it means I have to not drive my car while I'm saving.

One last thing. A properly built trans will totally change the way your car feels. I'm talking night and day. Just one more thing to think about when deciding. Good luck. james

I am very busy unlike some of the transmission PM saleman, so please forgive me if I dont attack you via PM like a rabbid dog.
First off, its salesman and rabid

Second - the PM I sent

Third - You really have showed your true colors. I don't need the work as I don't advertise as you do. I truthfully try to help those who actually need help as I have always done. People have posted how honest you are, but they forgot to mention your character, oops you just did that for them. Something is quite wrong with this one, but I wouldn't expect anything other than your statement......

Fourth - I don't steal customers, I don't need the work.

I am very amused

First off, its salesman and rabid

Second - the PM I sent

Third - You really have showed your true colors. I don't need the work as I don't advertise as you do. I truthfully try to help those who actually need help as I have always done. People have posted how honest you are, but they forgot to mention your character, oops you just did that for them. Something is quite wrong with this one, but I wouldn't expect anything other than your statement......

Fourth - I don't steal customers, I don't need the work.

I am very amused

Dave you dont know me or my business. You know nothing about my character or anything else about me. Your response above is laughable.

BTW thanks for correcting my mis spellings. :eek:

I know why I missed some calls now:eek:

Lets put the thread back on track:smile:

ok moving forward.. $500 trans ya might as well get a junkyard trans and pray for the best :cool: ohhh .. I am being nice :p

Better to buy once correctly (even if it hurts) than buy twice incorrectly. Ask me how I know...... :redface:

There are definitely a handful of guys on here who can build it right. Lonnie being one of the top builders around.

Chris at CK, Lonnie at Extreme Automatics, Mike Ridings (blackplague), Brian (Bison), Brian Hofer, Bruce at PTS, etc.

I've dealt with all of these guys at some point in time and all have been good to deal with.

The first question is who is closest to you? I build them but I prefer to only build for local customers and not mess with the shipping.
I always recommend going with a known builder for the 200-4R but I feel that in many cases you are better off to go with one who is close to you if possible.

The first question is who is closest to you? I build them but I prefer to only build for local customers and not mess with the shipping.
I always recommend going with a known builder for the 200-4R but I feel that in many cases you are better off to go with one who is close to you if possible.

X 10000 ... a major problem to you maybe a 10 min adjustment to the builder :cool: