Possibly parting my car to go back to stock and sell - 573rwhp/640ft lbs..

Adrian87

I am weighing my options right now, the car likely needs a ring job as it's smoking out of the breather..and the wife is basically saying no more money spent on the car until we own a house and get out of some debt..so I either need to sell it as is, or trade for stock parts and pocket the cash, or re-ring the motor and then sell it. Not sure how badly I would take a hit on it as is.

Over $2500 invested in the transmission, maybe 500 miles and no track passes on it. Would need a stock type but fully functional 2004R in return and best offer. We upgraded to a billet drum and billet input shaft over the standard stage 2 build that is already good to 750hp.

Take a look at my sig and I am for sure open to any suggestions y'all may have. I hate to get rid of my baby but right now I just can't afford to dump a bunch more into it. Needs a paint job to be nice, and a headliner, AC compressor. I have a whole set of seat covers that need to be installed.

Turbo, fuel system, Powerlogger, Alky pump, suspension and trans were all done at the same time so they are all low miles, guessing less than 500. Just drove car from Houston back to San Antonio, and some minor cruising around SA. We trailered the car to Austin where we live now and it's pretty much sat. I can go out and start it at any time though, just smokes.

Also has a $2k stereo system.

87 Astroroof GN, GNX dash,forged TRW's, Billet caps, Champion iron's, beehive springs, T&D Roller Rockers, Comp Cams 206/206 roller, 80lb injectors, Eric Marshall chip, Precision FMIC, PTE 6265CEA, Extreme Automatics Stage 2 trans, PTS 9x11 3200,3" THDP, Aeromotive 340 kit, AlkyControl, Powerlogger, AEM WB 02, Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, SC&C UCA's, Hooker dual 2.5", 29psi no knock!

Here's a shot of the car as it sits on ET DRs Streets now. I'm not sure what you're asking..TRW's are the piston's. The wheels are American Racing Torq Lite's. Only made for a short time and I love the look. I have all 4.

1lZJhVv.jpg

lol disregard long day I saw forged thought they were the wheels. they look awesome by the way. how much are you asking for the tranny?

Not sure yet. I have an offer for a CK stage 1 trans and buyer is willing to pay shipping each way. What would you think is fair? It has maybe 500 miles on it, no track passes, and I spent $2500 on it. Where are you located?

Last edited:
Had a couple inquiries on the wheels. I will sell them, but I would need another set to go on the car. All 4 are 18x8. 275's on back and 245's on front, maybe 5k miles. They do need a polish. Let me know what you have and what cash you can throw in with them. They are American Racing Torq Lites. I believe they were only made for a short amount of time. I have only seen them on one other car.

How about that Alky kit....you know once you mention part out people would be on it like stink on you know what

Rico, yes, if I decide to do the part out I will probably sell the heads. Do you have a set of good stock heads I can get? I am going to go ahead and get the car to my friend in Houston to do a leak down/compression check, hopefully it's just a head gasket causing the smoke.

Dhos1, yes, you will be first in line for the alky kit if I go the part out route..unless you need it quickly..I am hoping to get the car to Houston in the next 2-4 weeks anyway.

Thanks. I just have to figure out what makes the most sense financially, but I don't think I could sell the car in current condition since its smoking without taking a ridiculous hit. Hopefully it's just a head gasket.

I will also go ahead and sell the 15's with ET Street DR's on the back..tires have maybe 200 street miles on them, FYI I had to roll the fender lips more to clear so they are a little chewed up on the side but nothing too bad or dangerous. They're 275's on an 8" wheel. Lug holes on the wheels are slightly larger than they should be so I have some special washers and conical nuts for them but they bolt up fine.