Want 10's, so losing some weight

Thats one way. Understand to subtract the boost pressure from the reading. So if it reads 100 PSI thats 80 PSI going into the motor at 20 PSI boost.

Now I'm scared. I'm pretty sure I did that once b4 and it only read like 80psi with the car idleing The settings on the controler r set to come on at 10lbs and max at 20

Stupid question. But bc it's a progressive kit, could that mean that bc it's only 70psi ish when I push the test button, could it be more when I build boost? Maybe it's only 70psi bc I have the controler set to come on at 10psi. So maybe it's 70psi at 10psi of boost then goes up from there ???? Help me razor and bison haha. I'm so confused

Stupid question. But bc it's a progressive kit, could that mean that bc it's only 70psi ish when I push the test button, could it be more when I build boost? Maybe it's only 70psi bc I have the controler set to come on at 10psi. So maybe it's 70psi at 10psi of boost then goes up from there ???? Help me razor and bison haha. I'm so confused

I believe when you push TEST on the SMC it applies 12 volts to the pump. If the pump see's 12 volts and you only get 70 PSI.. then you have your answer. If you push the button and see only 6 volts and get 70 PSI, then when the pump sees 12 volts it should put out higher pressure. A simple cheap voltmeter can be used to verify this.

70 PSI alcohol will not support 10 second passes on pump gas on a stockish motor. Especially if the car is heavy. That's like 45 psi pressure at 25 PSI boost. 70 PSI will support maybe mid-upper 11's on the edge. Thats why I suggested the race gas in your condition.

Good luck,

Ok. Asa my car comes back from the bodyshop I will check that out. Thanx razor

btw.... Jim from Buick turbo performance told me it should say 35-40 when I push the test button This was several months ago. Maybe he was mistaken??:confused:

Ok. Asa my car comes back from the bodyshop I will check that out. Thanx razor

btw.... Jim from Buick turbo performance told me it should say 35-40 when I push the test button This was several months ago. Maybe he was mistaken??:confused:

Put a voltmeter across the red/black pump wires if you see 12 volts when you press the TEST button.. you have your answer. No guessing. Easy

I believe when you push TEST on the SMC it applies 12 volts to the pump. If the pump see's 12 volts and you only get 70 PSI.. then you have your answer. If you push the button and see only 6 volts and get 70 PSI, then when the pump sees 12 volts it should put out higher pressure. A simple cheap voltmeter can be used to verify this.

70 PSI alcohol will not support 10 second passes on pump gas on a stockish motor. Especially if the car is heavy. That's like 45 psi pressure at 25 PSI boost. 70 PSI will support maybe mid-upper 11's on the edge. Thats why I suggested the race gas in your condition.

Good luck,

His pump is weak or poor voltage. I had an SMC Pro for years & usually had 110-120 on test button. Still too low for 10's without some racegas but then tuning gets harder.

Ok I talked to Steve. He said brand new pumps did 90-100psi. So mine is a little off. Time for julios kit :biggrin:

I just scored a 34 mm holllow swaybar for $15 at the pull a part yard and an aluminum bumper support for $80 on craigslist