Walbro340 install?

R

Ryan87GN

I have a few simple questions, that have probably been asked many times but bear with me.

I plan on installing the new pump on Friday night and-

1. Are there any dificulties with installing this pump?

2. Does anything need to be modified?

3. Where should I run the hotwire through (opinions)?

4. Where can I get new fuel lines if I break one?

If there is anything else that I should know beforehand please tell me. Also when I try to build boost it just stumbles really bad. This is probably fuel pump related,are there any other likely causes?

Thanks in advance
Ryan

Some basic things:

1. Don't use the pulsator, prolly won't fit correctly anyway. The instructions for mine said to re-use it. Don't.

2. Be prepared to make new ends for the wires that connect to the pump.

3. There is a fat channel running under the door sill with plenty of space. Remove the "Body by Fisher" plate to see. The existing pump power line is in there (bundled). I used it, but I made my own hotwire kit. If you buy a plug-and-play, then you may have a little trouble getting the connector ends to feed (wires go thru the already packed grummet in the firewall). This was also handy for routing of one of my kill switches.

4. I would have extra fuel hoses ready(2 sizes). I keep them around anyway. When you try to disconnect the rubber hoses from the lines, grip them with a small pair of pliers and rotate them to break them loose. Don't just pull. I think I removed them from the lines and not from the pump hanger assembly. After yoy drop the tank a little, you will see.

I don't recommend installing the pump and the hotwire at the same time without a test between the two. They are independent jobs and you will throw 2 variables at once if something goes wrong. One job does not ease the other if done at the same time. Oh, and an empty tank makes life MUCH easier, so plan ahead if you don't have a fuel can and a hose to pump it out.