*NEW* Lmk if I'm doing this right

87_JT-TYPE

I purchased a 87 Regal T from a friend. Recently got it running, but it needed new injectors and fuel pump. I installed 42#ers, a 340 AEM pump, and a hotwire kit. After getting it running after 7+ years I noticed the alternator is toast and the regulator needs an upgrade. Took it for a ride around the block and it just sputters but seems like it want to take off. The iac isn't connected and on the left valve cover one one the ports isn't connected to anything but going to get some longer hoses to delete the t attachment that's going to the turbo and wastegate that's there currently. I know NOTHING about these cars but has been my dream car forever. Help me with whatever you can 🙏🏾

-Read the Turbo Buick Spring Cleaning. The Grand National / T-Type / Turbo Regal Buick Spring Cleaning Guide. Lots of good info on basic settings.
-Replace every vacuum hose you can. 7 years of sitting might result in a lot of little leaks
-Buy a scanmaster, it will help you get the car running in proper shape and tune it to avoid any knock retard while driving.
-Spend lots of time reading on this site. I learned everything about how to work on these cars from here.
-Get a few sections of the 36" 4ga wire with terminals (about $5 ea) from the Walmart automotive section. Make new grounds from battery>engine, body>engine, engine>frame, and body>frame. This will help eliminate electrical gremlins.

Good luck, these are fun cars when running properly. You can do most of the work yourself with hand tools.

Was the chip changed to match the new injectors? You need that or the fuel map will be off(hence the sputtering and such).

Does the alternator show 12-14v off the back of it when the engine is running. The factory has a setup where if the bulb in the dash burns out the charging system doesn't charge. There is a nifty kit from some of the vendors that bypasses this factory oddity.

Good luck with your new toy. They can be frustrating, but when that boost hits and the rear busts loose it can be really fun.

And don't be screwing around with any of this:
" on the left valve cover one the ports isn't connected to anything but going to get some longer hoses to delete the t attachment that's going to the turbo and wastegate that's there currently".

And don't be screwing around with any of this:
" on the left valve cover one the ports isn't connected to anything but going to get some longer hoses to delete the t attachment that's going to the turbo and wastegate that's there currently".
exactly!!!!....make sure to zip tie all those connections ....there is a restrictor in the y fitting...its there for a reason ....unless you are going to get a manual boost controller and turn up the boost, leave it alone....the more you read on here the better off you will be....any questions you have ask in google and add turbo buick to the end of your question and will pull up many threads to read in this forum ...enjoy !!!!

So the connector on the passenger side valve cover is the boost controller and I guess one doesn't get a connection am I right. I tried to post a pic and their too big and I don't know how to make them smaller so work with me 🙏🏾

All good advice but the sudden flood of information can be overwhelming especially for someone who already admitted has no knowledge of these cars. OP, you might also try posting what area you live in. Can't hurt. You could get lucky and already have a seasoned board member nearby willing to put eyes on what you have to help guide you.

So the connector on the passenger side valve cover is the boost controller and I guess one doesn't get a connection am I right. I tried to post a pic and their too big and I don't know how to make them smaller so work with me 🙏🏾

The iPhones have a choice of actual size, large, medium and small photos. I choose large and it works for posting photos.
Users of other phones take a picture, take a screenshot of the picture, then post the screenshot.

Some things to try.

I'll be a sponge till I get this thing running right. It's ugly but solid and got it for a CRAZY DEAL!!! Appreciate everyone for the help.

The iPhones have a choice of actual size, large, medium and small photos. I choose large and it works for posting photos.
Users of other phones take a picture, take a screenshot of the picture, then post the screenshot.

Some things to try.
Tried the screenshot and still won't let me post

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-05-10-00-22-41-92_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-05-10-00-22-41-92_965bbf4d18d205f782c6b8409c5773a4.jpg
    741.3 KB · Views: 68
The guy I got my "T" from had a rubber cap on the nipple of the boost valve, I assume the foam "filter" had fallen off.
It only made about 5-6 lbs. Boost. I have seen about the last half dozen cars that I have worked on with a cap there. Mebbie the factory put the foam on it so no one mistakenly capped it. I haven't seen the foam on one in years! Can you even buy the stock boost solenoid? What size is the restrictor hole in the factory "T"? I actually know 2 guys looking to put the factory set up back on theirs, but I don't know why. I just cut the wastegate rod and thread it for a clevis. They are both "old guys," older than me! Neither one will sell me their cars so I would have a spare! I offered to install the aftermarket "boost bleed" kits, but they both want stock stuff.
TIMINATOR

I can send a pic to myself through text or email and it asks what size to send the pics, check the smaller one then send. After you receive try uploading that pic.