Walbro Fuel Pump Update

Mike,

Rather than a replacment, will a refund be available? This is my 4th bad Walbro:frown: , and I rather not continue using them. Please tell me that this is an option.

nice work mike, my walbro works great- twin in tank fuel pump.
please give a big thanks from all of us here to the guys at Walbro for stepping up, they are and have been making great fuel pumps for us for years, please thank them kindly mike. i have their twin in-tank pump for 3yrs and works perfect.:)

Does the part number ref the 340 pump? What purchase dates of pumps are bad? Mine's been running perfect for 5 years and 5000 mi.

The number listed is the only one that will be swapped. From what I can tell at this time if it is before 2007 it will most likely be OK but as we get more units we should be able to pin that date down.
Mike

The number listed is the only one that will be swapped. From what I can tell at this time if it is before 2007 it will most likely be OK but as we get more units we should be able to pin that date down.
Mike

Mike

I have been collecting all the pumps I have changed, in my own car and in customers cars,

I have tossed at least 5 in the garbage for sure but I have 3 in front of me.

the oldest pump is 07/04 as stamped by racetronix and the others are late 2006

Please let us know when to start sending them in.

Thanks again for all your efforts on this. it will not go un noticed..

Bill

i have a bad walbro pump in my eagle talon i bought it a yr ago and only managed to get about 6k miles out of it. it's a f2000169 part # also.

i didn't buy this pump from full throttle. but can i send it in for a replacement?

Thanks for all that you do for the TB.com community Mike

pat broughton

Thanks Mike for going to bat for our small community and thank Walbro for listening and making it right. I've had my Holley (repackaged Walbro) for about 5 years with no problem but it's good to know that if I should need another in the future they are really trying to put out the best product that they can.

BTW: leprcon what a 3 b you have there. Bad blue Buick. Awesome color.

Here's something you don't see often, they are actually standing by their product and fixing a known defect.

Good to see. :)

Mike,

My Walbro died Saturday on the way to a MAGNA track meet at Cecil County Dragway...managed to limp the car to the track. Glad it didn't die on the track at 100+ mph. I found a stock replacement and swapped it out to get me running back home (I have an access panel...takes about 30 minutes to change :eek: ). Mine was purchased last Fall from you along with my new turbo, injectors, AFPR, etc. I installed the pump this past June and maybe have 400 miles on it. The number on the case is F20000169

Scott

Mike,

I have my defunct Walbro F...169 out now & ready for return/exchange. What's the proper procedure?/send to you?--what?/who?

Thanks again for your help/support,,, Monte

For those who had a failure, would you get an intake backfire up top around 3rd from a lean miss etc?

The 1st symptom my car had was a lean condition at wot all the sudden when I launched it off the t-brake on the street...O2's dropped into the low 600's w/knock 2-6 deg...at the time I thought it was a translator adjustment...needing to richen it up at wot. When it failed this past saturday...earlier in the day I was at highway speed ~50 mph when a friend (01 Camaro LS1 w/STS turbo) and I got into it on a roll (I did pull on him pretty good) I noticed on the scanmaster low O2's again and had some shutter/vibration (I believe it was fuel cut) no knock to speak of at .2 deg but on the recall the O2's again dropped into the low 600's. Later in the day it just cut off at a light...after a few minutes it started back up but I notice my fuel pressure was real low...a mile or so down the road it died again. If I let it cool down it would come back up to pressure but not to the set 38 psi...would only get to about 30 and then hang around 20-25 psi before it would slowly drop and cut off again. I was able to limp it to our destination where I was able to swapped out the pump with a stock replacement (I have an access panel in my car so the pump can be replaced in about 30 minutes). Now that I look back my pump had been going bad for a few weeks at least...with the new pump it appears to run much better.

...no back fires though

-Scott

on mine , with base 43psi ... at 19 everything is ok , at 20 psi was lean but no kr... 21 psi lean needing lots of alky constant kr soon as i hit 2nd gear , at 22 or higher went right to big knock o2s dropped off the scale (680s) and thats with alky spraying and the injector duty correct for the power even if no alky was there

picking up a 340m pump from jack at rtx and will see what changes as soon as i can get to the track

will be sending the F2000169 walbro back within the week

Mine failed 1st @ idle--after a 3-1/2 hr drive (w/one-stop)--pump just got hot & stopped running--period--(no WOT blasts involved). Car sat for several days/cooled down & then, on the return trip home it stalled-out 6 more times. I just had to let it (the pump) cool down for a period & then it would start running again for another short-jaunt...:mad:

I didn't dare beat on it, as I was just trying to make it home--which I eventually did...

I just got my Racetronix GSS340M/kit installed today--but no 1hr+ drives yet...so, keeping my fingers crossed...

That's right, the 340M was the older pump and these are all new pump designs.

Fill is in on WOT pump pressure.

I called FT last week and MRS told me to hang on to mine until further notice, I havent been on much lately and just wondering about this fix? do i fix it it? when do i send my dead one in Mike?

Mike