Walbro Fuel Pump Update

Wow mike this is great news. I had sent in 2 169 pumps so i hope one of them helped in some way. I did finally come across my other 169 that was the first to fail so i guess i will be sending that one in as well. Should i still send it to you? Thanks again Mike

WOW
That is truly outstanding on the part of Mike as well as Walbro. I am very impressed. Thank you Mike, and Thank you Walbro for listening. JW:biggrin:

Thanks Mike! You've really pulled through for us. Keep us posted on exchanging our pumps.

Another BIG thanks Mike--I'll CONTINUE to buy all my TB parts from you as possible/ available...

Now, I just need empty/drop tank, pull & return my old one to get-in-line for replacement. Any guesstimate as to Walbro timing for redesign, remanufacture & shipment of the new/ replacement pumps??--as I'm "off-the-road" in meantime--unless I do multiple pump replacements...

Thanks everyone, I helped this along but Walbro is the one who should get the big thanks and our continued support. They are the ones who are going to step up and fix this. I have agreed to handle exchanges since they are not equiped for anything like that. As soon as we have a known good solution we will start the process until then just sit tight. It is not going to happen overnight they are going to get the new part and test it completely before the release. This will not take long but we are not talking a day or two either. In the mean time I am testing a couple options that we can use right away.
as soon as I have a date it will be posted, new posts of, when, do you know, do you have an estimate, what is going on, are not going to speed it up we are working as fast as possiblem and want this done as much as you do.
Mike

Mike, pass along some thanks to Walbro.
I will happily sit tight and wait until the mechanism is in place for the exchange.

Mike,

I put a new Walbro in last year. It works good...so far. How do I know if I have a bad unit?

Ed, if your fuel pressure dosen't rise with boost. Duh??

FWIW, my Fxxxxx169 lasted a year.

What conditions are these 340 pumps covered under? Reason asking is that I bought a brand new, never used one off a board member here within the last year and it's still in it's brand new sealed Racetronics box. Don't really want to break the seal but no numbers on the box. I have no idea how old the pump may be? Is a receipt required?

Ed, if your fuel pressure dosen't rise with boost. Duh??

FWIW, my Fxxxxx169 lasted a year.

Look Damon...I dont need a smarta#s comment from you.:D

You know what I mean. If I have a unit that is prone to failure from a defective part I will change it out before it decides to take a crap on me at 25psi.

Mike,

Thanks for all your effort, it's good to know that they found the problem!

Chuck

Look Damon...I dont need a smarta#s comment from you.:D

You know what I mean. If I have a unit that is prone to failure from a defective part I will change it out before it decides to take a crap on me at 25psi.

That's not the pump you need to worry about.

My 20000169 lasted about 2k, died last weekend on the way to a show but i managed to limp it home as I caressed the dashboard and talked good about the car

I'll be sending the unit back this comming week

Big thanks to Mike Wiley aka 87natl here in Kissimmee for having extra pump still in box to set me up the next day

Mike