Vigilante 9.5 limit?

HOOGENRAAD

I have a 9.5" single disc lock-up converter currently. I would like to get a new combo for spring time. Will this converter take me into the high nines and last? Thanks for any input.

I have a 9.5" single disc lock-up converter currently. I would like to get a new combo for spring time. Will this converter take me into the high nines and last? Thanks for any input.
No. Look at replacing that old tech with a new 9.5" PTC nl if you want to have the best.

I wouldn't run it into the 10's at all. It will be very inefficient unlocked and the single disk will not take the abuse of 9 second power. Our PTC 9.5 will be the converter of choice for this application.

Listen to these guys.

I ran a vigilante single disc into the high tens. It had more than 22% slippage. Definitely not up to the task.

I had under 4% with my PTC at 134mph:biggrin:

I do hear good things about the 9.5 N/L PTC and it would be a nice choice but his other option if he wants to say with a lock up is sending the single disk back to precision for an upgrade to the 5 disk Vig which is hard to beat once locked.

I do hear good things about the 9.5 N/L PTC and it would be a nice choice but his other option if he wants to say with a lock up is sending the single disk back to precision for an upgrade to the 5 disk Vig which is hard to beat once locked.

The 9.5" PTC will out e.t. the 5 disc in almost every instance if the rest of the combo is correct. The 5 disc is a completely different unit than the single disc anyway and is more expensive than a 9.5". Staying with the LU for his goals is not the most effective option.