Very Sad News:please Read.........

I got a call today about this and am at a loss.
Eric was a super guy and I always enjoyed hanging out with
him at Etown.
RIP Eric
Sorry for yor loss Liz.

I'm still in shock, I just talked to him yesterday afternoon and he told me he was just buttoning up my trans and it would be all set to pick up... I got the call today from Doug Kelly who got the call from Liz and couldn't believe what happened. Having worked for him, I can really say he was a great guy and loved the Buicks. He was so happy about moving the shop closer to his house so he could spend more time with the family.

Liz, call me if you need anything, I still have the same cell number. Tell Joe he can call anytime as well. I don't know what I can do to help, but I'll lend a hand with anything I can.

Artie

Wow.Very shocked and sad to hear this.Eric was one of the few who really cared about his customers far and near. RIP brother. Prayers going out to his family. Just goes to show ya', good people always are the first to go.:frown:

This is just awful news. Eric did a ton of work fixing up my 86 GN when his shop was in Manville. He was an upfront, honest guy who did really great work and always cared about his customers. My prayers and condolences to his family.

:frown:

I'm still in shock, I just talked to him yesterday afternoon and he told me he was just buttoning up my trans and it would be all set to pick up... I got the call today from Doug Kelly who got the call from Liz and couldn't believe what happened. Having worked for him, I can really say he was a great guy and loved the Buicks. He was so happy about moving the shop closer to his house so he could spend more time with the family.

Liz, call me if you need anything, I still have the same cell number. Tell Joe he can call anytime as well. I don't know what I can do to help, but I'll lend a hand with anything I can.

Artie

SCHERTZ - Eric, 39 of Seaford. He is survived by his devoted wife Liz, sons Jack and Marc. Loving parents Susan and Bruce and sister Elissa. He was a very loved son-in-law, brother-in-law and uncle to many. Service scheduled for Monday at 10:30am at the Star of David Memorial Chapel in West Babylon. For more information and directions go to starofdavidchapel.com or call 631-454-9600. In lieu of flowers donations can be made to his children's college fund.

When I get more information on how to donate to the boys' college fund(s) I will post it ASAP.

So I am hoping I am doing this post correctly since I am never on these websites. My name is Liz Schertz. I am Eric's wife. I received a phone call from a local friend yesterday to tell me there were things being posted on sites about my husband, Eric's passing. I first want to say that I appreciate all the kind words. He always took his work to heart and strived to be a good honest person and the do the best for everyone that he could. He was 39 years old (a few weeks shy of his 40th birthday). He has two young sons, Jack (5) and Marc (3). He was ill for a long time, but fought very hard to keep himself and the business going.

There was a question about the boys college fund. It wasn't posted fully in Newsday because the funeral home was giving that information out at the funeral. Anyone who would like to donate to the boys college fund should make their checks payable to College America and they can be sent to my home at 2900 Island Channel Road, Seaford, NY 11783.

There are a couple of people that I would like to personally call and have not had been able to reach, one is Fred Vetter and one is Alan Lafoe.

If anyone has any information they can provide me with, please email me at eschertz@optonline.net

Thanks....Liz Schertz

There are a couple of people that I would like to personally call and have not had been able to reach, one is Fred Vetter and one is Alan Lafoe.

If anyone has any information they can provide me with, please email me at eschertz@optonline.net

Thanks....Liz Schertz

Liz, I've been able to locate and talk to Allan. I told him the sad news ( he didn't know...) and said he'd call you ...and I believe he already got in touch with you...He has Fred's phone # too...

If there's anything else I can do to help, please let me know...it'll be my pleasure...
Take care,
Claude :wink:

With Just being up there a couple weeks ago talking to Eric also picking up my trans... also called Friday to talk to him...

Very sorry to hear this...

condolences

Eric built my very first buick 2004r correctly. It lasted a very long time and shifted insane. I spoke with him a few times about transmissions and he was very personable. Prayers for the family. RIP Eric.

wow this is terrible new. i didnt know Eric personally but i did use many of his transmissions through Cotton's. i'm sure he will be sorely missed by all who knew him. my thoughts and prayers for Liz.

:frown: Very sad news! Liz, your family will be in our prayers.

Scot W.

I am truly speechless. Wow, what a loss. Eric rebuilt my trans a couple years before he bought Dynotech. I had a problem with the governor coming apart, brought the entire car to his house, and he fixed it within a week with a pinned governor. Transmission is still going strong to this date. Truly a stand up guy who stood behind his work and treated people right. My thoughts and prayers are with his family.

I am in shock. Eric did all the work to my drivetrain. He did great work for me and was extremely accommodating to my wishes. I was just in the planning stages for the next phase of my car in the next few months, with Joe. My thoughts are with his family at this difficult time. His legacy was bringing joy to many of us who lacked the expertise needed to fufill our dreams. The Turbo Buick community has truly lost a great one.

Here's a quick story of how much of a good guy Eric was. I bought one of his hi-po units from him. Shortly after that, I broke the motor in the car. Nine months later, when I fixed the motor, I went to the track. The tranny was flaring 2nd gear. I called Eric up and He said "Bring it back and I'll check it out. He then proceeded to rebuild it right there while I waited. He only charged me for the fluids and filter. NINE MONTHS LATER!! Thats not the end of the story. I got to take it to the track about a month later and it was flaring again. I was afraid to call him back but I did. He said bring it back up. He rebuilt it AGAIN and found that some washer part was made incorrectly by the supplier. It was .001 thousandth off or something. He didnt charge me anything the second time. Totally stand up and helpful guy. He will be missed!!

i can honestly say i am completely shocked while i wright this.all my prayers be with eric and his family.he will be missed.

Here's a quick story of how much of a good guy Eric was. I bought one of his hi-po units from him. Shortly after that, I broke the motor in the car. Nine months later, when I fixed the motor, I went to the track. The tranny was flaring 2nd gear. I called Eric up and He said "Bring it back and I'll check it out. He then proceeded to rebuild it right there while I waited. He only charged me for the fluids and filter. NINE MONTHS LATER!! Thats not the end of the story. I got to take it to the track about a month later and it was flaring again. I was afraid to call him back but I did. He said bring it back up. He rebuilt it AGAIN and found that some washer part was made incorrectly by the supplier. It was .001 thousandth off or something. He didnt charge me anything the second time. Totally stand up and helpful guy. He will be missed!!

You've nailed Eric 110%! He always went out of his way for people!

Every once in a while when a customer would finally break him down and force him to go against his ideas on a tranny or a project Eric would say..."If the guy wants a red suit sometimes you gotta sell him a red suit!" He would toss in something extra like and sometimes just not charge for it all. Joe might disagree with me a little but that little extra time finessing a channel plate casting or hunting down a special part was enough to make that difference.

Eric knew what he wanted to grow Dynotech into yet was patient enough to drive over 4 hours each day back and forth to Manville for over 3 years until he took the financial plunge and invested in Long Island. Liz supported him with this business and was very proud of her husband's talents.

Joe Romeo was right there by his side and they both worked tirelessly with me in Island Park while we setup Eric's dream shop. "Soup to Nuts"... Eric would tell us..."We're gonna give the customer better service than before and have fun doing it. This place will be ready before we turn one wrench!" We stripped the interior of a 50 year old mechanics garage to the block, scrubbed, hammered, blasted floors, epoxied floors, gutted wiring, ran wiring, and Eric pummeled himself bouncing back between Manville and Long Island. We pulled all nighters and got up for more the next day. I got my first taste of Nathan's down the street and Eric would tell tales of glorious cruise nights destined to come right there in the parking lot!

Eric thought more of my abilities than I thought of my own I sometimes felt. He was kind like that, making others feel good about themselves while showing his confident self without the huge ego that many of us get when we're good at something in this business. You felt if a guy this good thinks you're good then you've arrived as somebody!

He'd give you the shirt off of his back, parts off of his own car and his precious time. Customers cars, even shabby ones were given that extra once over and I never heard him say a car wasn't worthy of Dynotech! He'd bring em' back from the dead and make the customer once again proud of his baby!

This was a man who adored his wife and kids and thought of nothing more than trying to get Dynotech Long Island setup and running so he could be with them more. He understood when I ran back home to be with my own family and never uttered a harsh word when I couldn't see my way clear to relocate to NY. I regretted not being a part of his future and yet he was proud when I landed my job at Autolite. Joe stayed right there with him though and with this economy you just have to know things aren't always a piece of cake in the performance business.

I hope that Rick Jensen is reading this thread and will kindly remember Eric in the pages of GM-HITECH.

I'm just not sure I will keep modding without Eric around to discuss my plans for a new project. We have all lost so much, but dear sweet Liz and those boys have lost so much more.

ERIC EXPLAINING HIS VISION TO OUR GOOD FRIEND JOHN TSIMARAS

eric2.JPG