Valve Spring ?

clonestocker

My son's motor has a 160,000 miles on it and he is putting some upgrades on it. I'm sure the springs could use replacing. What valve springs should be used as a replacement for stock springs. The motor at this point will still be using the stock cam. thx matt s

I went with Comp 980's a few years back and have not had any issues. Still same stock cam.

Dannyo

Just use stock replacement springs. I wouldn't go with higher pressure springs on a stock motor with that kind of miles.

comp 980s

my car had about 150,xxx miles when i put these in.Nice improvement with no problems. put them in and drive it like you stole it...............:biggrin:

How about this.....Comp 980's or LT1 valvesprings???

Anybody know the prices on these???

Thanks,
JOe

I changed mine years ago with LT1's and thinking of changing again. This time I may go with Kirbans 40.00 set.

if your going to do that i would lakso think about installing some new bearings in the bottom end.

My reasoning for this is now that you have good valve springs it will allow the engine to rev harder and higher along with them not allowing boost to blow open the intake valve so you wil have higher cylinder pressures.

HTH.

BTW i used the LT-1 chevy springs and have not looked back.

SloGn,
My son put new rod inserts in, when it was down. What are the choices for replacement springs? thx matt

i would use the chevy lt-1 valve springs or check into the new style bee hive springs.