vac block mods...

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Am eliminating the EGR and canister lines. The steel line set is really not necessary w/ those gone, except for the fpr line. I am considering leaving the hard lines off, and making a ss 3/16" line, and hooking it to the vac block. NE1 done this? {3/16" ss brake line}
Or just capped the lines? If so, what did you use, so they don't look like Fido's azz?:smuggrin:
NE1 make a block that I can remove the nipples from, and tap/plug, use only the fpr and pcv?
Edit: I found this one on the bag...NE1 use one?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-87-Bui...ock-/201375353713?hash=item2ee2e80b71&vxp=mtr

Well, screw that idea. He made 2 and says no more.:rolleyes:
GN1 Perf has 1 like this...Doesn't appear to be near as well finished...Near double the price.
Oh well, time to make 1, I guess.

You have a couple simple choices.

The alum block Kirban sells has threaded nipples you can use or plug. If you use them, install the air brake push-lock fittings and the 300 psi plastic hose can be routed to wherever you like.

Or, you can drill/tap the intake for these same fittings and do away with the lines to the top of the TB altogether.

VAC 1.jpg

You have a couple simple choices.

The alum block Kirban sells has threaded nipples you can use or plug. If you use them, install the air brake push-lock fittings and the 300 psi plastic hose can be routed to wherever you like.

Or, you can drill/tap the intake for these same fittings and do away with the lines to the top of the TB altogether.

View attachment 257657

Nick, thanks for the idea(y)

Am eliminating the EGR and canister lines. The steel line set is really not necessary w/ those gone, except for the fpr line. I am considering leaving the hard lines off, and making a ss 3/16" line, and hooking it to the vac block. NE1 done this? {3/16" ss brake line}
Or just capped the lines? If so, what did you use, so they don't look like Fido's azz?:smuggrin:
NE1 make a block that I can remove the nipples from, and tap/plug, use only the fpr and pcv?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1986-87-Bui...ock-/201375353713?hash=item2ee2e80b71&vxp=mtr

I use that vacuum block and it works great gives more room between the fittings and hoses. You can just use 1/8 npt plugs in the ports you don't want to use.

GN1 Perf has 1 like this...Doesn't appear to be near as well finished...Near double the price.

Yup I got one. It works fine but get the pushlock ends from McMaster Carr with the black sealing rings. I got some from Fastenal with blue and they didn't do well with heat

I managed to fit the old check valves in the tubing by heating it and pushing the check valve in there and putting a heat shrink over it. But I did order some brass check valves that take a 1/8 NPT fitting I can replace them when they come apart.