Wastegate solenoid vac line

Jim Mallery

1984 GN Stock Novice
I see the drawings here but need clarification. Two vac lines on the wg solenoid. I clearly see that one closest to fender goes to the Y near the 2 port wastegate. But does the other connect to a line coming from the vacuum block; a line that seems to have two or three lines and maybe going down to PCV? I replaced them that way exactly as they were. But digital dash boost is going red before orange and I’m not sure why.

I see the drawings here but need clarification. Two vac lines on the wg solenoid. I clearly see that one closest to fender goes to the Y near the 2 port wastegate. But does the other connect to a line coming from the vacuum block; a line that seems to have two or three lines and maybe going down to PCV? I replaced them that way exactly as they were. But digital dash boost is going red before orange and I’m not sure why.
I found it in another drawing here.

It's been a while since this post but can you please share your better drawing? My factory service manual is pretty unclear on what goes where from the solenoid wastegate valve to the correct ports.

Don' t know if this will help you, but I used this ? ;
IMG_0458.JPG

This is for a "85 , buts it's the same layout....

Attachments

• IMG_3414 (1).jpg
    IMG_3414 (1).jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 82
This is for a "85 , buts it's the same layout....
thanks. that pdf helped. what i read elsewhere is that one of the solenoid wastegate ports is just a vent to atmosphere. the diagram shows it connected to the PVC port. my PVC goes from the PVC to a tee, and the tee goes to a port on the bottom of the throttle body and to the passenger rear vacuum port on top of the throttle body.

any thoughts on that?

Yep....... One Tech page says it's ok to vent to atmosphere. They sell little foam socks to cover the one nipple.
Vacuum layout for My '84.jpg

In Fact , this diagram is the easiest to follow for our ' 84's