Upgrade a TE-60 to ???

rssooner

Hello everyone. I have a TE-60 and want to upgrade. Here is my car

Stretched IC
50lbs inj
9" 3200 Stall PTC
HR parts uppers and lowers plus sway bar
Alky
Valve springs replace but otherwise unopened motor.
Powerlogger

I'm sure I'm leaving something important. I would like to get into the low elevens on a simple tune. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thx
ROB

You will be working a stock headed engine hard to run 11.0. 11.40's aren't too hard with a te60 and boost in the mid 20's

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a similar setup to rssooner. I remember long ago you could get the TE 60 with a precision or "other than garrett" exhaust housing if you had the converter for it, which I didn't at the time but do now. Can I still get a different A/R ratio housing to free up a few extra top end HP? It will go great with the upgraded IC I plan to get over this Winter. How much would it be worth and how much would it cost? I realize I'm giving up speed of response as spool up, with the boost valve and 3200 converter, it's very fast now and I would consider giving up a little there if it's worth enough at the top..? Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

there is no simple tune to hit low 11's on a mostly stock car.tune would have to be set to kill,car would have to 60ft high 1.4's to low 1.5's,converter slip in check up stairs but loose enough to leave hard,and most of all driven.

I wouldn't worry about a bigger ex housing when the car is only going 1.8 60fts,that just usually makes the problem worse.

1.5 60's and as much boost as you dare.

I wouldn't worry about a bigger ex housing when the car is only going 1.8 60fts,that just usually makes the problem worse.
my 60 ft problem is more of a driver issue, "loose nut behind the wheel" ;) I am usually on street tires and rarely launch the car. I really want to go with my best ET Streets and burn them up and launch hard. should get to 1.60's I hope. Never have put time into that, I've only concerned myself with MPH.

once you start getting the car to 60ft everything changes,et wins races not mph,its all in the 60ft.

once you start getting the car to 60ft everything changes,et wins races not mph,its all in the 60ft.
You are right, absolutely. I rarely go to the track, really 99% street car so to this point I've been just trying to make the most MPH to I know I'm making more power. Now I'm starting to think about 60 footing;)
Thanks!