Upgrade Turbo?

rssooner

Hello everyone,

Just curious if you think a new turbo is a good choice. Here is my set up and performance.

87 GN, 50lb injectors, TE-60, 3200 PTC, stretched intercooler, Alky, new valve springs, HR Parts upper and lower control arms, HR sway bar, transbrake, hot wired fuel pump, TT chip. I am sure I am missing something.

She has run a best of 11.78 at 115 with 23psi. I am pretty sure I can send the turbo in to make it a TE62 but I know these are fairly outdated turbos. My feeling is that there is much more left in the TE60 but I am not sure what is the max psi I can run with it.

Thanks a lot

RS

Give it more boost. I went 10.97 @ 123 on a TE-62 back in November in my full weight GN. Roughly 27psi on methanol. Pretty sure the 60 and 62 share the same compressor, just different turbines.

Sounds like some more tuning is in order to me.

Your converter will eat more mph than your engine can make even if you turned the boost up as much as possible.

Your converter will eat more mph than your engine can make even if you turned the boost up as much as possible.

Bison,

Thanks for the reply. I know ur an expert on here. What exactly does you mean? Do I have too high of a stall?

I mean that the 10" 3200 is a no go with these engines. I've never seen one couple better than 12% and that was in a car that trapped mid 110's in the quarter. Other applications with heads and more boost have produced slip numbers in the high teens. So yes your flash stall is too high.

I've had the 3200 in my car. RPM barely even dropped on shifts. Can't wait for the new setup here in a few weeks. I'm betting it's gonna be a whole different car.