UFC 111 Carwin vs. Mir

Keep showing your ignorance.................:biggrin::biggrin:

Have a good one, grasshopper.........................:wink:

ill do my best. could you help me the find the ignorant smiley face? thats kinda your thing i see. take your time, i know youve got blocks of wood to shatter with your lethal but never ever even attempted in any ufc style punches.

ill do my best. could you help me the find the ignorant smiley face? thats kinda your thing i see. take your time, i know youve got blocks of wood to shatter with your lethal but never ever even attempted in any ufc style punches.

Again, you dont have a clue!!! I turn 60 this year so competing is kinda out of the question. I have been around M/A's since I was 14. My son received his blackbelt in Kara-Ho Kempo when he was 18 and for the last 3 years has been training in Brazilian Jujitsu here in San Diego. This summer he will be going to Israel and will be staying with my sister. He will be taking Krav Maga classes there. The more he experiences the better he will become.......

What you dont know about JKD is that it is the combination of many martial arts and wrestling and boxing and fencing etc etc. Bruce Lee took the best from each art form and incorporated it into JKD. Each student takes techniques that works best for them, it is not a static art and continues to this day to evolve. Guro Inosanto added BJJ, thai boxing and shoot wrestling into JKD long before it was made popular in todays MMA. Like Dana White said, it is the precursor of todays MMA's.

UFC style punches??? LOL! We trained without protective gear and on hardwood floors, no mats!!

Live and learn...........

I am not sure it is possible to come to a consensus on which styles are best, but I am hoping we can all agree that arguing on the internet sucks...

I have never had real training but I was hoping to take up Muay Thai up last year. I am too busy now, but I really wish I would have trained when I was younger.

Internet tough guy, you gotta love it.... next we will start hearing how he's rolled with the Florians.... :rolleyes:

Some young guy ended up dunking on lebron during his basketball camp. They destroyed all evidence of it. So i say anything is possible. Like carwin. None thought the fight would last so little or be as savage.[/QUOTE

who is they? what was the "evidence"? and if it happened but no one saw it. how do YOU know its true? Im just saying, ive heard ALOT of stuff but i dont just generally assume its true because someone told someone something. Also, everyone sitting near me thought Mir was getting ko'd if he decided to stand w Carwin. Hes 12-0, all 12 fights were first round stoppages. He knocked out gonzaga w a jab. It was at the very least possible.

Don't be lazy, Google it:eek:. Tmz has a cell phone video of the dunk but it's poor quality....

Internet tough guy, you gotta love it.... next we will start hearing how he's rolled with the Florians.... :rolleyes:

nah ive never rolled w the florians, and im not sure how that would be bragging. theyd obvioiusly wax me but all i would need to do is drive the 40 minutes to there school and pay the mat fee. Plus If i feel like getting crushed grappling i just go grab my roomate dan lauzon or his brother joe. Or I suppose i could just go to the gym i train at every single day and roll with Josh Grispi or Kenny Stone. Maybe someday ill be in ur area and u can teach me some stuff. Where did u say u train by the way?

Wrestling is the one skill that is very difficult to pick up as you get older. I doubt Marius is very well versed in wrestling and TKD isnt really that useful in MMA. He'll probably do great in overseas organization again, because there arent a lot of great wrestlers.

Cain, Carwin and Brock would probably school the guy but he might do okay with stand up fighters.

I train or (work) in the Philippines against transnational terrorist groups... we train for keeps, not for macho bragging rights about who can roll who. Sorry brother a different level of combatives for me.... :D

nah ive never rolled w the florians, and im not sure how that would be bragging. theyd obvioiusly wax me but all i would need to do is drive the 40 minutes to there school and pay the mat fee. Plus If i feel like getting crushed grappling i just go grab my roomate dan lauzon or his brother joe. Or I suppose i could just go to the gym i train at every single day and roll with Josh Grispi or Kenny Stone. Maybe someday ill be in ur area and u can teach me some stuff. Where did u say u train by the way?

I train or (work) in the Philippines against transnational terrorist groups... we train for keeps, not for macho bragging rights about who can roll who. Sorry brother a different level of combatives for me.... :D

im not really sure what you mean by macho bragging rights, because i never claimed to have "rolled" anyone. whatever that means....must be some cool term they made up in combatitives school. Im sure your right tho, your just on a completely different level then me. u probably wouldnt even be allowed in the ufc cuz your so dangerous and lethal. No need to apologize, just next time the question comes up, saves yourself some time and just say "i dont train, im just a fan"

Well I could sit here and talk about being instructor certified in several different types of Combatives training, but that is not really my MO. By a different level I was referring to the fact that your train in order to submit and or KO your opponent within a set of rules or guidelines. I train to incapacitate and maim them.... apples and oranges. Yet, still combatives never the less, just different intent. Both effective, now if you joke about being dangerous and lethal that would be because of the hardware I employ, not my H2H combatives skills. I say this because if there comes time for me to use H2H skillset for real I'm most likely in a very very bad spot. Hence don't show up to a gun fight relying to survive on H2H combatives...

im not really sure what you mean by macho bragging rights, because i never claimed to have "rolled" anyone. whatever that means....must be some cool term they made up in combatitives school. Im sure your right tho, your just on a completely different level then me. u probably wouldnt even be allowed in the ufc cuz your so dangerous and lethal. No need to apologize, just next time the question comes up, saves yourself some time and just say "i dont train, im just a fan"

I think this conversation is fascinating, we should all be able to share our experiences and opinions. However it would be more enjoyable for all if we could not be as judgmental.

With that being said, some get jLo some turbobuick.com swag or insignias for his next walk in. That would be EPIC!!!

Who are you calling judgemental???? :D Nah, I'm just bored... It's a slow time over here now and I have plenty of time to surf the net.

Believe it or not I share allot of the same opinions with the MASS guy on Fedor being PFP#1, and GSP being... well a grappler that can't finish, and Pudzianowski (the guy is a beast with tons of cardio) just not the right kind of cardio... BTW, Carwin coming out to Drowning Pool was epic... I like Mir, but had a feeling it was going to be a short night for him.

I think this conversation is fascinating, we should all be able to share our experiences and opinions. However it would be more enjoyable for all if we could not be as judgmental.

With that being said, some get jLo some turbobuick.com swag or insignias for his next walk in. That would be EPIC!!!

joes expensive to sponsor for obvious reasons, and hes a real smart kid. hes not gonna do it for free. but if you guys wanna see some turbobuick stuff on tv, D-Lo is fighting TUF winner Efrain Escadero at ufc 114 and he loves grand nationals. Tells everyone my car is his haha. He Still has some space on his new banner and on his fight shorts. It wont be free but it wont be as expensive as Joes. Plus itll be all over the net when he gets KO of the night.

LOL.. just what we need TurboBuick.Com across Dan Lauzon's ass.

If he's going to be on a televised portion of the card, find out how much and let me know. I doubt we can afford it but it would be cool.

I'd go to bat for paying extra if he can get Joe to change his stupid nickname. "Creepy" Joe Lauzon is just so much better.

LOL.. just what we need TurboBuick.Com across Dan Lauzon's ass.

If he's going to be on a televised portion of the card, find out how much and let me know. I doubt we can afford it but it would be cool.

I'd go to bat for paying extra if he can get Joe to change his stupid nickname. "Creepy" Joe Lauzon is just so much better.

Theres no chance in hell Joes going with creepy. He hates it. As far as Danys fight being televised Im not 100% sure, Efrain is a big draw so i would think if the card isnt completely stacked it should be on tv, plus both of these guys have extremely exciting styles. If nothing else u can send him a decal to put on his bike, kid loves free stuff. Want me to have him email you Jay?

Theres no chance in hell Joes going with creepy. He hates it. As far as Danys fight being televised Im not 100% sure, Efrain is a big draw so i would think if the card isnt completely stacked it should be on tv, plus both of these guys have extremely exciting styles. If nothing else u can send him a decal to put on his bike, kid loves free stuff. Want me to have him email you Jay?

He hates "Creepy" but goes with J-LO? Leave it to you yankees.

Sure.. have him email me. Keep in mind there's very little to no profit to be made for us to sponsor him but it would be cool to do it just to say we did. jaycarter at gmail dot com.

If nothing else Ill send him some swag. Who doesnt love free stuff.

He hates "Creepy" but goes with J-LO? Leave it to you yankees.

Sure.. have him email me. Keep in mind there's very little to no profit to be made for us to sponsor him but it would be cool to do it just to say we did. jaycarter at gmail dot com.

If nothing else Ill send him some swag. Who doesnt love free stuff.

I think J-lo just came about because everyone calls Dany D-Lo. D-Lo, J-Lo.....i dunno. Ya, I completely understand mma and GN's dont exactly go hand in hand but as a real fan of the sport im sure it would be cool to see. I just gave him your email Jay. Hopefully you guys can work something out. When my car gets out of paint ill let him do the first burnout and post a vid if thats cool.

Only person in this thread that knows what they are talking about is John. Fedor doesnt want no part of Brock? LOL right. So Fedor knows sorry ass Mir beat him but Fedor couldnt? Sure....(John is right Mir will never be anywhere near as good as he thinks he is. Beating a washed up Nog sure didnt help his ego any either. I wonder if he still thinks he could beat Fedor after getting murdered by Carwin)
Whoever thinks that Marius guy would do any good or make it out the first round against any good MMA guy with a wrestling background is on dope. Any good MMA guy or wrestler wouldnt have been backpeddling and running like that can was. It would have been, take down and GnP or Jits for the win.

And who ever said JKD is garbage is a moron. Its not even a style, its more of a frame of mind or vision were you incorporate whatever technic is more affective at the time