UB Machine UCA's caution

Mac in SD

I've had my UB UCA's for a while now, and last week noticed that the large nut on the rear end of the PS shaft had backed off some. Maybe a turn or so.

If you're running them, you prolly want to periodically check them.

Thanks Mac. I'm almost ready to buy them. :eek: I turned on one of our local guys, jdsgnx, to them last week and he already has them installed. Called me up to rave about them. I'll see them tonite at our cruise. Thanks again for the tip. ;)

Hey Mac..........ordering them tomorrow..........$130 for both w/ ball joints and shipping. Unbelievable. ;)

Has anyone figured out the best way to keep these from contacting the frame in full rebound?

Thanks,

Jim

Hey, John, they are a great deal, aren't they?

About hitting the frame...I guess you'd have to do a limiter with a cable or chain to the LCA just like in the old days. Or maybe mount some rubber bump-stops on the arms or even the frame. I'm just not worried about it, 'cause my racing days are few and far between anymore.

Hey Mac, Yes, great deal. Even cheaper than I thought they were. Under $130 delivered. Waiting for delivery. Thanks! ;)

John,

Can you post the weight of the assembly including the ball joint? If you have the weight of the stock arm that would be great as well.

Thanks,

Jim

Originally posted by boostedLC2
Has anyone figured out the best way to keep these from contacting the frame in full rebound?

Thanks,

Jim

Howe taller lower ball joint combined with a shorter spring.

Originally posted by boostedLC2
John,

Can you post the weight of the assembly including the ball joint? If you have the weight of the stock arm that would be great as well.

Thanks,

Jim

Stockers still on my car, but the new assemblies weigh about 3.5 lbs each. Not positive the scale I have is accurate but the weight indicated feels about right.

Thanks John. I think I heard the stockers are somewhere around 10# so quite a nice weight savings.

Jim

From my understanding UB machine makes the uppers but not the lowers , The lowers are available but nowhere near the low price for the UB uppers, Im dropping off my motor in a week or two to Cottons , He will be taking care of the rebuild, Thanks for the compliment on the brakes definatly a worthy upgrade. Who is this by the way lol :)