Two question...One pertaining to boost

TurBo BiRd

Strong Islander
I noticed tonight when I was driving around that I am only building 10-11 lbs of boost even though I have a 92 octane, stock injector Thrasher chip. My tranny is on it's way out, It is slipping really bad, Would that cause this? It is right when it starts to slip that the boost cuts out (around 4000, planning on ANOTHER rebuild soon, or going to a turbo 350).

Second, I was wondering what time you anyone thinks I might put down after ranny rebuild. Here are my mods:
Bored .030 over, Trw forged pistons, Race crank, Polished rods, cam(.478 intake lift, .456 exhaust lift-212 intake duration, 206 exhaust duration), Poston Hi-Rev lifters, Stock Heads ported and polished, Aftermarket turbo (I dont know model), 3" Downpipe, Intake, Port matched intake manifold, Walbro fuel pump

Dana 44 rear w/ 3.73's

Is that reading from a stock boost gauge or afteramarket? Maybe you are having false knock from the slipping tranny and it is pulling out timing? You should probably have a tranny shop rebuild the 200r4 who specializes in it, alot of people can't get the rebuild right.

How high to you plan to rev with the new motor? 3.73's might be a bit much. What kind of stall converter do you plan on using? Make sure you get a good combo for that motor -- chip/injector/stall/turbo and you should be running really quick with some tuning.

Good Luck!

~Murt TTA #750

It's an aftermarket boost guage. Could you explain to me how the slipping tranny is causing the computer to pick up false knock? I have never heard of that and that could quite possibly be the problem. I am trying to find a reliable place to get it rebuilt around here.

Thanks, Bobby