Will a GN110T cam work for my combo?

Brandon#

I am about to install a TA-61 (6169) and came across a good deal on a GN110T cam. Will this cam work well with stock heads, TA61, and a 10" 2800 TC?

The last thing I want is a lopey, hard to tune car that struggles to idle. (I've been there and done that with a big cam)

Cam specs are I-212, E-206 @ .050. Lift is .478 intake, 456 exhaust.

Sure it will "work" well for you, but there are many factors to consider when selecting a cam.

You did not post all the cam specs, and nothing about your build and what you are expecting in performance, or how the car will be used and driven?

Since many stock cams have been into the 10's, cam selection is not that critical for street use, but it is an important factor when competition and specific rules come into play.

We have built hundreds of Buick turbo engines from stock to record-setting engines, and have used 2 dozen or so of various grinds, but only about 1/2 dozen of these different cam grinds will cover most of the builds until you get to over the 1000 HP level.

Yeah I guess I did leave out a whole lot of info. My goal is a mid to low 11 second car that is mild mannered and has the driveability and reliability of a stock car.

It's going to be driven 95% of the time on the streets, just cruising around town. Eventually a Hot Rod Power tour is in its future.

I wasn't planning on buying a cam but found this gn110t in almost new condition, for cheap. If this cam isn't right for my car, I may trade it for something I need .

How about posting the specs? The stocker will be OK for your goals.

How about posting the specs? The stocker will be OK for your goals.

Here are the complete specs. It looks like I was missing a few from my first post.

Lobe Center- 110 Adv.
Dur.- I:266 E:258
Dur @ .050- I:212 E:206
Valve Lift- I:478 E:456
RPM Range- IDLE-6,200 MAX RPM- 6,500

Last edited:
You'll need ported heads to see the performance gains it's capable of which with your current mods is the next step anyway.

Send me a note if you decide to get rid of it. A cam like that will be much more than what you're looking for.

Send me a note if you decide to get rid of it. A cam like that will be much more than what you're looking for.

Will do. I may trade it for something like an adjustable wastegate actuator, or a 3" THDP, or TA aluminum heads (lol)

Will do. I may trade it for something like an adjustable wastegate actuator, or a 3" THDP, or TA aluminum heads (lol)
I've got several adjustable actuators and if you're still using the stock elbow, I've got 1 that's ported and ceramic coated that i can add to your needs.;)