is this a good cam for my combo?

justanewb

I'm having to rebuild the engine on my 86 grand national. I was just wondering if I could get opinions on this cam specs. It's a roller cam that a friend of mine is selling.
Dur. @ .050 212I/206E lift is 482I/467E with 109 LS.
Stock turbo w/3" down pipe, 80lb inj. On E-85. 2400 stall.
I'm new to these cars but I've searched this board for cam specs like this with no luck.
Thanks for any help.

We would not use that cam for for a turbo Buick build.

Will it work for you, it should be ok but not optimum as it is more like a non-turbo grind.

In my opinion, I would select a proven turbo cam that would match your build now and in the future, but you have not mentioned any details of use and add-on parts, so this is only a guess? :confused:

Thanks for the replies. It will be 99% street use with a few trips to the strip. Im Not looking looking to set it on kill but still want to make good power. What's good company to buy a roller cam kit from?

Thanks for the replies. It will be 99% street use with a few trips to the strip. Im Not looking looking to set it on kill but still want to make good power. What's good company to buy a roller cam kit from?

"Good power" is a poor measuring tool/devise, for everyone has a different opinion/definition of "good power." Good power to me is a 1000 hp..... If you have limited knowledge of these cars/motors then IMO, I would yield to the experts like Nick Micale and have them choose a cam for you based on your needs, intentions, and drive ability. He's one of the most knowledgeable people I've ever spoken to about these cars.