Turbo vs injector size

ikle

What do you think,I am new to these cars but I was thinking would you gain more power with properly sized injectors for a given turbo?What I mean is 36lb injectors would atomize the fuel better than lets say 42lb injectors at 42lbs of fuel pressure so you would get a better more thorough complete burning of the fuel, right ? If this is correct wouldn't you be able to go faster with properly sized injectors for the turbo.I was thinking stock turbo = 36lbs injectors,40 series turbo = 42lbs injectors,60 series turbo = 60lb injectors and so on.Just a thought,trying to learn as much as possible with these awesome cars.Thanks,ikle.

atomization is not much of an issue at WOT, its more important to ensure you have enough fuel.

But the larger the injector, the more inconsistent the part throttle driveability will be. With today's modern chips, however, this is less of a factor.

But generally, we size injectors to match the desired or potential power. This is mostly dictated by the turbo size, but there are other factors.

The turbo sizes are not numerically consistent, historically. Although the modern series' of turbos are numbered better (by compressor size).

For a stock turbo, stock to 36 lb injectors would be appropriate.

For a TE44 (a 58mm turbo) 36 lb to 60 lb depending on the rest of the combination.

TE60 (60mm turbo) or the 62/63/64/66/67..... 42 to 80 lb injectors, depending. Some of the new billet compressor turbos reportedly flow more air than the same size conventional turbo.

Other influencing factors are heads (ported/ aftermarket/ etc), intercooler, cam (RPM range), boost level and octane.

So, you want to select the components to work together, and design the fuel delivery to complement the power level.

Bob

Not really.... modern injectors are able to be BIG, and act small.
Its best to get the largest injector for the industry "norm" 60's 72's 80's etc from a good vendor and then you never have to worry about that expense if the time comes to upgrade. Larger injectors keep the duty cycle lower since they don't have to work as hard. So there is a lot of benefit to the large side.
Precise matching is more of an OEM thing to limit power and keep warranty issues from arising.

The turbo used has nothing to do with injector size. The hp you will be making and the # of injectors and any supplemental fuel added is what matters. The flow potential of an injector has nothing to with the way it atomizes fuel either.