Turbo Vacuum lines

Tools

Large Member
I purchased new vacuum lines for the turbo via one of the site sponsers. It was an original GM set up.. After the install of the new vacuum lines, I couldnt get more than 10lbs of boost. When I took the lines back off and checked out the "Y" splitter, I noticed there was a brass diaphragm to make the hole smaller at the back of the "Y".. The old one had the diaphragm at the top of the splitter so one side is free flowing..

Which one is correct? If the old one is, what vacuum line gets connected to the restricted part of the splitter... ?

Thanks>>

Make sure you don't have the lines hooked up backwards or the Y splitter itself backwards.
y.jpg

Great.. Thanks alot!!

I guess I should call the vendor and let them know they're selling the wrong splitter...

After looking at the PDF GNVenom posted, that may be the case because the hole was noticeably smaller, but the smaller orifice was located in the part of the splitter that went to the solenoid or in my case the bleeder.. I double checked the website and the part I ordered for $26.95 says it was for a Buick Turbo-T.. No big deal, all is well Im just glad I was able to go thru the trash and get my old one before the trash guys took it away.. Thanks again..