Boost Controller Shenanigans?

daredevil95

Hi, I'm assembling my engine after rebuild and I'm at the turbo. I have a stock turbo boost controller but, when I disassembled the engine, the boost controller was plugged in but, not vac lines were connected? A brass tube in it's place? So, I attached a short video showing the current setup and is this ok? the pic is how it was prior to disassembly. Should I leave this as is and why is it like this or should I go back to stock? I'm not sure why this was done?

IMG_1937.PNG

The brass valve is a bleeder to allow more boost to build and keep the wastegate closed.
Leave the wastegate solenoid power plugged in so you don't get codes.
I would suggest a Hallman boost controller or the like for the future.

The brass valve is a bleeder to allow more boost to build and keep the wastegate closed.
Leave the wastegate solenoid power plugged in so you don't get codes.
I would suggest a Hallman boost controller or the like for the future.
Thank you!!

I initially used a 1” O.D. Steel hydraulic tube 90*, but found an aluminum tube for replacement.
A piece of 1” fuel hose works well to connect the filter to the tube.
I made a long tail ring terminal (I’ll call it that) to bolt to the backside of the turbo shield with the tail clamped under the lower hose clamp to keep the tube vertical.
It keeps the oil in the valve cover when going around corners really, really fast. Lol
This is the one I have now, but looks unavailable at the moment.
I’ll PM you some info.

I initially used a 1” O.D. Steel hydraulic tube 90*, but found an aluminum tube for replacement.
A piece of 1” fuel hose works well to connect the filter to the tube.
I made a long tail ring terminal (I’ll call it that) to bolt to the backside of the turbo shield with the tail clamped under the lower hose clamp to keep the tube vertical.
It keeps the oil in the valve cover when going around corners really, really fast. Lol
This is the one I have now, but looks unavailable at the moment.
I’ll PM you some info.

Thanks, I appreciate the info.