turbo size help

1987noblegn

ive tried to understand a bit about turbos but after awhile i start to go cross eyed. i have recently rebuilt my motor and then my old 6152 turbo blew. so i need a new one. so far ive at least talked my wife into a ball bearing. since its so much cheese i wanna make it right. mostly street driven and i take it to the nats. maybe more track time if the push for a track in fort wayne, IN succeeds. here is my setup

stock block bored 40 over
218/218 flat tappet
27x17x3 front mount intercooler
65lb injectors
ported stock heads
gsca headers with terry houston 3" downpipe
precision 3300 stahl converter
extender chip

-kenny

What kind of power are you looking for? What springs and pressures are you running? You don't need a ball bearing if you have a 3300 stall. If you converter can't be locked at WOT it could become a problem if you start cranking it up.

What kind of power are you looking for? What springs and pressures are you running? You don't need a ball bearing if you have a 3300 stall. If you converter can't be locked at WOT it could become a problem if you start cranking it up.
I have LT1 valve springs. Not sure if converter is lock up. Will call tomorrow. I'm at least looking to get well into the 11's. I just thought ball bearing was the way to go.

Youre probably a tune away from 11's. Just about any replacement turbo will get you there. BB is the way to go sometimes but based on what your goal is and what you have already it's not a cost effective thing to do. You could spend that extra on a wideband and an alkycontrol system and get way more out of your stuff.

After rebuild best I could do was a 13.4. Not sure mph. Year before was 13.0@109 on street tires. Did find out I needed drivers for my injectors. I didn't know. I now have a modified ecm. Car in storage until April

After rebuild best I could do was a 13.4. Not sure mph. Year before was 13.0@109 on street tires. Did find out I needed drivers for my injectors. I didn't know. I now have a modified ecm. Car in storage until April
109 is 12.20 with some traction and 12.10 with really good traction.

I thought all 60/65lb injectors were driven by standard drivers. Are these older injectors before they made the injectors available currently?

See times in sig but it doesn't take much motor or turbo to get well into the 11's.

When my chips got sent back from full throttle a note was sent that my injectors required drivers. I was also running the stock turbo this year at the nats. Car was strong up front but was giving out in the end.

When my chips got sent back from full throttle a note was sent that my injectors required drivers. I was also running the stock turbo this year at the nats. Car was strong up front but was giving out in the end.

Your stock turbo is out of breath for the cam and heads most likely. What boost level are you running when it gives up?