Turbo Regal Top Speed with give built.

MCH86GN

Just wondering if anyone has every ran their turbo buick in a Texas mile like event ran and what their top speed was. I have a mild setup, te44 with methanol injection, running 25# of boost. and I've had my mine up to 135mph on a private rd, a corporate owned road designed for testing and I'll leave it at that. I got scared and laid off the throttle. Just curious what the top speed of one of these guys with a mild built such as mine.

With almost the exact same combo in your sig my brother with his old GN ran a bolt-on 6spd LS1 WS6 Trans Am years ago all the way up to about a buck fifty and this was with my 280lb a$$ in the passenger seat. This was Scanmaster confirmed as I was watching for knock and if I remember correctly we were right around a 148mph when we let off and about 5 cars ahead.:D I would not advise anyone try this and yes it was scary as well as stupid especially trying to get it slowed down with stock brakes running out of road!:eek::eek:

Damn Steve, you guys were flying:eek:

Yes we were. My brother did some crazy crap in that car and we are both lucky to be alive today. He once blew the two piece crossover pipe (Poston headers) wide open racing a turbo Porsche on the highway with his buddy in the car leaving the track. At the time the car was in the mid 11's @118mph.

The cars are also called a "brick" for a reason, haha. I guess it all depends on what you conisder mild. But I've done over 140 in mine and plan to go a lot faster next year. Won't really be a mild setup though.

They get very "floaty" around 130; I guess that is why originally the factory set the chip to limit speed to 124 MPH

I've run mine up to 150 a few times and you are doing a lot of driving at those speeds. It'd go faster but I'm out of b@llz at that point.

162mph indicated on a gps. So likely 163-164mph:eek:

162mph indicated on a gps. So likely 163-164mph:eek:

Any special suspension setup? I couldn't describe, but the floaty feeling is what I started feeling at 130-135 according WINALDL trace I had. I've since changed jobs and don't have access to closed test tracks. Call me chicken, but I won't open my car up on a public road. Not worth it. Especially Michigan road's, they suck.

Happy Holidays.

Any special suspension setup? I couldn't describe, but the floaty feeling is what I started feeling at 130-135 according WINALDL trace I had. I've since changed jobs and don't have access to closed test tracks. Call me chicken, but I won't open my car up on a public road. Not worth it. Especially Michigan road's, they suck.

Happy Holidays.

Nothing special. It was the same old 109 ive been running for 5 years back when it was in my blue car. It dynoed 559whp/706wtq @24psi. It was still accelerating but thats as fast as i was going with it. The same engine with better heads and different cam trapped 137mph letting off at 1200' last year.

MCH86GN cool videos.
I have always wanted to do the Texas mile or at least go and watch. Is the record still 246 in a supra?

I would love to see the faces of all the Lamborghini and Porsche owners to see a Buick do the mile.:smile:

First official 6 second GN went 197 in the quarter.
It was painted blue - must be where I have erred.