Turbo Rebuild

TurboV6Olds

Could someone tell me where the best place to have a 60 series (not sure of the correct number) turbo rebuilt? It appears to be a precision turbo. It has a considerable amount of end play and wanting to repair before it is unrepairable.

Thanks in advance for the info,

Rick

One of the members rebuilds turbo's for a living and is damn good at it. I'll PM his info to you.

Just spun a bearing and metal got in my brand new billet precision 6262. Could the same guy take care of mine?

If for some reason the member doesn't work out, try "The Turbo Exchange" in Concord,NC. They do upgrades, stock, and performance rebuilds with a warranty. I've been happy with their work in the past :).

I doubt that you'll be dissapointed with Reed. He will talk your ear off though if you let him. LOL

I think standard rebuilds go for around 350. I don't know if that includes the price of a 360 thrust bearing though. It doesn't take much to rebuild one but you do have to be careful. I couldn't get the nut of mine and when I finally did the end of the shaft twisted. That right there put me in the red on that turbo with a total of 550 into it. Yeah it sucks but it's all better now plus it came with a polished housing and garret exhaust housing so the 550 didn't hurt too bad for a 10second turbo

Called and talked to Reed. Seems very knowledgeable and more importantly is a hobbiest for these cars! Will be sending my turbo off to get taken care of and then the game begins to getting the motor repaired.

Thanks Charlie.

Called and talked to Reed. Seems very knowledgeable and more importantly is a hobbiest for these cars! Will be sending my turbo off to get taken care of and then the game begins to getting the motor repaired.

Thanks Charlie.

Glad I could help. :) I didn't find him though. Matt231 turned me onto him and since he started with HA carbed cars he seemed perfect for some of the work on developing the new turbo. With his help we've already figured out how to take the newer design and go from a 675 CFM to about 1000 CFM which should make a huge difference with them.:biggrin:

I'll PM Reeds info to you Irv.:) I have a feeling that you'll like dealing with him as well.

hello; Why don't you just post the info. instead of that PM stuff. If he's good post it and that's that.
IBBY

He's not a vendor here so you know how that will end up. I thought he was at one time though????

He's not a vendor here so you know how that will end up. I thought he was at one time though????

He's not a vendor yet. He's interested and Shane's interested but getting the 2 of them together so it can happen seems to be a problem. Both of them are pretty busy so it will happen, but it'll take some time for it to.:)

Good Afternoon Everyone.
As a friendly reminder, Precision Turbo has the ability to rebuild all Precision branded turbochargers and is committed to servicing all products we have sold over the years. In many cases, we can service these units for much less than you may think. All journal bearing turbochargers come standard with 360* thrust bearing at no extra charge.

Many of our staff have owned and raced Turbo Buicks so we know what it takes for you to meet your goals. Please keep us in mind for all your Turbo Buick needs as we have been supporting the Buick community since 1987, and are a supporting vendor of the Turbobuick.com board.
Best Regards,

Precision Turbo Territory Sales Rep
Patrick

You do service most makes out there and your company is a supporting sponsor Patrick. We do appreciated it.

The reason some of us have looked for someone else to work on our turbos is some of us are working with stuff that you yourself, have told me, your company wouldn't even consider touching. There just wasn't a market for the parts in enough volume to make it worth while. I wish that wasn't the case but you're right. Experimenting is part of hot rodding and most of the time it's done by individuals like myself instead of companies until the idea is proven and profitalbe.

Kinda like doing wildcat cartridges. The 25/06 is a standard cartridge now but when it was created in the 30's you had to have custom dies to load the ammo and it wasn't standardized until 30 or more years after it was originally created by an individual.:)

Hi Charlie.

My post was in reference to the original post by TurboV6Olds, as well McClean's post. A number of our turbochargers contain proprietary components (such as the 6262), so I felt it was important that the Turbo Buick community know that we service what we sell. This has nothing to do with HA carbed cars.

Best Regards