Turbo protection

Cbring

ForumRunner_20130405_193748.png
Just got this beauty in the mail today and i wanted to ask everyone's opinion about protecting the turbo from future damage. I learned the lesson the hard way about properly machining the timing cover and oil pump. I will be ordering a new one from t a performance and doing all the machining but what can i add for more protection. Is a turbo saver enough? I know its pretty much a relocation kit which allows a bigger better filter. HELP! I dont wanna burn another $1100 turbo!!

The turbo saver does more than relocate the filter and allow you to run a bigger one. It provides the turbo with oil after it has been filtered. A turbosaver is a great investment.

There are options out there. Mark Hueffman at TR Custom Parts has a great alternative with his turbo protector.
http://www.buickgn.com/turboprotector.htm
I've got one on my DBB turbo, it Filters the oil going to the turbo as well.
It has much less plumbing & is a great space saver too over the PTE Turbo Saver.

Does this mount in the stock location?

yes, its a cartridge style filter with a replaceable type element. I'm not running the separate turbo oil feed, the filter itself is a major upgrade over the stock type.

Buy extra elements when you order.

Bob

How often should the cartridge be changed 3-5000 miles like a regular filter?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

I read you can go up to 7500 miles, but I would change the filter after every oil change. I ordered a spare filter along with the kit, I wont put more than 1k miles a year on my car though.

I read you can go up to 7500 miles, but I would change the filter after every oil change. I ordered a spare filter along with the kit, I wont put more than 1k miles a year on my car though.

I had a brand new PTE turbo saver kit and then I saw the BUICKGN one. So I sold the PTE and got that one. It is nice and simple. :)

My car is getting the last bit of details done and this part is definitely one of the finishing touches.

i switched to marks turbo protector, nice piece and no bulky lines going to the front of the car