Turbo Buicks in Connecticut

This state use to have a million TR's, now I think RI has more.........:D

Ken

i have 7 in meriden plus 2 tta's 1 is your relative? marc's we4 that i got a month or so ago.

2 87 we4's
1 86 t type blue
1 grey 87 hardtop
1 87 grey t top
1 87 black t astroroof
1 85 gn astroroof going to be a intercooled racecar when done

tta's both leather & t tops

had a few others as well

i have 7 in meriden plus 2 tta's 1 is your relative? marc's we4 that i got a month or so ago.

2 87 we4's
1 86 t type blue
1 grey 87 hardtop
1 87 grey t top
1 87 black t astroroof
1 85 gn astroroof going to be a intercooled racecar when done

tta's both leather & t tops

had a few others as well

Sooo......your the one! What are your plans for it? That car was real nice when he first had it done over. By the way, you going to Cotton's winter BBQ at his place on the 21st(this Sat)?

Ken

Sooo......your the one! What are your plans for it? That car was real nice when he first had it done over. By the way, you going to Cotton's winter BBQ at his place on the 21st(this Sat)?

Ken

already have some weld prostars for it.i already took a bunch of the interior out due to a leaky back window gonna get new carpet,i better set of seats,new shifter handle ,fresh steering wheel,.gonna put in a new windshield .also got a 2 1/2 atr exhaust system from craig going on it.3" downpipe, g body parts stock location ic, need to get a posi, i have bumper fillers to replace the no good ones. i picked up tranny lines from jack last week (old ones were spliced).already put on new front spoilers.changed broken headlight bezels and side lights. may put a gn spoiler on it. car should be running by spring.

yes i will be a jacks providing weather is good.

Weather looks good. Might snow late Sat night into Sunday, but it'll be over by then.:D I can't wait to see that car after your done with it. Man, looking at that list of cars you have you must have a 10 car garage......;)

Ken

Weather looks good. Might snow late Sat night into Sunday, but it'll be over by then.:D I can't wait to see that car after your done with it. Man, looking at that list of cars you have you must have a 10 car garage......;)

Ken

actually have 2 garages 5500sqft total have close to 30 cars right now! most are gonna be parted out though!

your buddy with the viper bought a gn hood off me and saw 1 of the garages and some of the cars summer 07.

That would be my brother-in-law. He needed a MINT hood for his GN when it was getting restored at the body shop. Funny how he never mentioned seeing that TB/TTA goldmine. :D His GN is actually for sale too. He wouldn't pick it up from the body shop until is was perfect. They had it for over 2 years!! See you Sat.

Ken

Hi Guys! I'm in Prospect (Waterbury Area). I have 1 1987 GN that will hopefully get some attention and get finished being put back together again. I hoping to come out strong this spring:biggrin: ! Hopefully I can get to Cotton's this weekend. I think a TR club is a great idea. Came up at Kash's picnic as well. Keep me posted. Tom.

Hey Tom, don't know if you remember me but I met you at Kash's this past summer. I had the 87 GN with dark tints, Welds and white decal on back window(avitar). I was talking to you when they were doing the raffle and you even gave me a couple tickets. THANKS! :) Hope you can make it this Sat. Going to be a pretty good turnout I think. Later.

Ken

Hey Ken,
I definitely remember you. I'm about to go push more white crap. This weather is totally absurd. This was supposed to be snow showers, we got close to 5 inches. Hope to be there Sat. weather permitting:rolleyes: . I'm sure I'll be runnin into you this upcoming season. see you soon. Tom.

Tom you ever install the IC and window modules????? Christ, can't wait for winter to be over!!! Got some more upgrades to do! BB62/62, 60lb injectors, chip, my new style Turbo Protector, pro touring rear swaybar. When does the Cottons thing start?

Mark.......It starts around 9:00am. Runs until mid-late afternoon if you want to hang out that long. I'm meeting Salvage around 9:15 in Enfield and then we're heading up. Hope to see you there. Oh, and thanks again for the goodies at Kash's.......:)

Ken

Mark...... PM Sent.
Ken....... I don't think I'm gonna make it:frown: . I thought it started later in the day. See you all soon. Keep in touch. Thanks, Tom.

No problem Tom. Maybe a bunch of us can have a lil Turbo Buick get together in the spring like a bunch of us did at Hooters in Wethersfield last year. Maybe even be a bi-weekly or monthly thing? :D If there's enough interest we'll have to def think about it. Have a good one........

ken

Ken,
I'd say that a once a month, or bi-weekly thing would be cool. We could select a few locations around the state to meet up so that it would be fair for everyone. My biggest challenge right now is getting my car back together. Ther just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to get to it. I'm not worried, I'll be ready for spring. A track rental day would be cool as well if anyone would be interested. If we rolled out with 20 or 30 heads, the price is really not that bad. Anyhow, I can't wait for spring. The money was good, but I have had enough snow for this year! Feel free to give me a call anytime @ (203)509-2480. Talk to ya soon. Tom.

Can't wait for the weather to break! Was hoping to get a lot of upgrades done to the GN over the winter but my back had other plans. Spent most of Dec in a lot of pain and missed a couple weeks of work. Still managed to keep cranking out cold air kits while hunched over like an old geezer.

Just started doing stuff in the past week, new pro touring rear sway bar, adjustable upper rear control arms, new Bilstein shocks (damn those things are ugly out of the box, nothing a coat of satin black won't cure) next, got some 60lb injectors, new chip, and a brandy new 6262 bb turbo.:D

Suggestions for places to get together, Hooters of course, that Saturday night cruise at Burger King on the Pike, Panera Bread on the pike, Marks Auto Parts in East Granby on Mondays. This of course if these cruises are still taking place.

Down this way (North Haven) they were having a pretty laid back cruise every Monday night behind the Dairy Queen. Nice new parking lot with plenty of space, they were getting around 80 cars towards the end of the season.

Not a huge fan of hanging at a car show ALL day but there is a decent show towards the end of the season at Hammonasset State Park put on by the Ct Street Rod Assoc. Pretty much a deal for charity, no trophies or anything so you can show up when you want.

Track rental at Lebanon might be an idea and maybe will even race the GN again, haven't done that since 2002! Got a friend who rents Lebanon once in a while so will have to see if he has any plans for rentals this year.

Heavenly Donuts in Derby is every Sunday nite.

ANOTHER IDEA! We could have a get together at the indoor go kart track in Wallingford. Plenty of parking for the cars (would suggest maybe some people keeping an eye on the cars though, OR leave the cars home for that deal.

Any other ideas????

Ken,
I'd say that a once a month, or bi-weekly thing would be cool. We could select a few locations around the state to meet up so that it would be fair for everyone. My biggest challenge right now is getting my car back together. Ther just doesn't seem to be enough hours in a day to get to it. I'm not worried, I'll be ready for spring. A track rental day would be cool as well if anyone would be interested. If we rolled out with 20 or 30 heads, the price is really not that bad. Anyhow, I can't wait for spring. The money was good, but I have had enough snow for this year! Feel free to give me a call anytime @ (203)509-2480. Talk to ya soon. Tom.

That sounds good Tom. I like the idea of different Turbo Buick events/cruise nights around the state. I'm sick and tired of going to cruise nights and being the only TR there, lol. Track rental sounds good too. There's a Connecticut web site (ctautoscene.com) that's putting together a track rental at LVD so that can be an option too. I'll try giving you a call Sunday, I should be out of the hospital by then (having some things fixed ;))TTUL.

Ken

Can't wait for the weather to break! Was hoping to get a lot of upgrades done to the GN over the winter but my back had other plans. Spent most of Dec in a lot of pain and missed a couple weeks of work. Still managed to keep cranking out cold air kits while hunched over like an old geezer.

Just started doing stuff in the past week, new pro touring rear sway bar, adjustable upper rear control arms, new Bilstein shocks (damn those things are ugly out of the box, nothing a coat of satin black won't cure) next, got some 60lb injectors, new chip, and a brandy new 6262 bb turbo.:D

Suggestions for places to get together, Hooters of course, that Saturday night cruise at Burger King on the Pike, Panera Bread on the pike, Marks Auto Parts in East Granby on Mondays. This of course if these cruises are still taking place.

Down this way (North Haven) they were having a pretty laid back cruise every Monday night behind the Dairy Queen. Nice new parking lot with plenty of space, they were getting around 80 cars towards the end of the season.

Not a huge fan of hanging at a car show ALL day but there is a decent show towards the end of the season at Hammonasset State Park put on by the Ct Street Rod Assoc. Pretty much a deal for charity, no trophies or anything so you can show up when you want.

Track rental at Lebanon might be an idea and maybe will even race the GN again, haven't done that since 2002! Got a friend who rents Lebanon once in a while so will have to see if he has any plans for rentals this year.

Heavenly Donuts in Derby is every Sunday nite.

ANOTHER IDEA! We could have a get together at the indoor go kart track in Wallingford. Plenty of parking for the cars (would suggest maybe some people keeping an eye on the cars though, OR leave the cars home for that deal.

Any other ideas????

Mark, I know what you mean. I can't get motivated to go out in that damn cold garage to do the little things I wanted to get done this winter, but I guess I can wait til it warms up a bit. :D I like your little list of cruise nights. I've been to a few of them, including Mark's in East Granby and loved the Burger King cruise on the Pike. I go to a cruise night at the Vernon Game Room on RT 83 in Vernon on Friday nights. Nice cruise and lots o fun. Also, we should get a bunch of TR's to go to the one held the 1st Sunday in Aug in downtown Manchester. They close Main Street down for the whole day and there's hundreds of NICE cars(no rice);), it's probably one of the best in the state! Lots of Muscle cars!! And hey......little over three weeks to the 'official' start of SPRING!!!:eek:

Ken