FUEL PRESSURE:43psi?
ALCHOHOL INJECTION:no
PROPAIN INJECTION:not then
NITROUS:never
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE:K&N cone
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE:BGF Radial TA (not DR's)@20psi
AIR BAG(s):no
SCAN TOOL:Direct Scan
FUEL:5 gallons 110 in empty tank (about 1-2 gallons 91 remaining?)
CHIP:MM 8 position
CHIP TIMING:24*
KNOCK RETARD:0
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:.780
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:N/A
TRACK ELEVATION:3075ft
TEMPERATURE:167 (thats what the timeslip says) probably high 80's
PEAK BOOST:18psi
BOOST AT LAUNCH:5psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE:49,xxx

Thats a pretty decent mph for a stock turbo and only 18 psi isnt it? I never messed with a stock turbo and I dont have any clue what they are capable of. I do think your doing good on the mph with that set up and that boost level. I dont think I'll ever understand end of the track mph. My nephew will run 2.0 to 2.1 60's, similar 1/8th mile mph, only 107 to 109 in the 1/4 and still run 12.7X. The more you compare and study other peoples time slips the more confusing it gets. The one thing that seams to mainly show up is that if you launch good you'll run good.

Whats next? Some propane runs? little more boost? air bag?

Jason

Next step is going to the track with the ET-Streets bolted up and running ProPain. I figure if I can get the 60' down to around 1.65 I should see low 12's with nothing else changing. Then comes the propain tuning, since I have stock injectors running around 120% DC I figure the propane will help as just a 7th injector as well as an octane booster.

As for suspension, I will see how it likes the ET-streets and will probably have to replace the rear pads to hold more boost (I can hold 8-9psi now but smoke the radials with 6psi). If it won't leave strait I may think about an air bag.

If all goes well I will hopefully see some 11 second timeslips by the end of next year still running a "stock combo".

Oh, almost forgot, I will probably giving Eric@turbotweak a call to get a chip with a little less timing and a BLM lock.:D Wonder how many DS files he will want?

Then comes the propain tuning, since I have stock injectors running around 120% DC I figure the propane will help as just a 7th injector as well as an octane booster

Ive never ran propane but I think it would be even better than a 7th injector. The propane will be a gas instead of a liquid and should do a better job of distibuting evenly. Thats why I want to run propane and NOS through a fogger nozzle.

As for suspension, I will see how it likes the ET-streets and will probably have to replace the rear pads to hold more boost (I can hold 8-9psi now but smoke the radials with 6psi). If it won't leave strait I may think about an air bag.

Your current brakes will be able to hold more boost with the good tires. The air bag preloads the suspension and because both tire get even traction you can launch harder (more boost). An air bag from summit racing is around $40. At least one air bag for the passenger side always seams like money well spent.

I figure if I can get the 60' down to around 1.65 I should see low 12's with nothing else changing.

Are you refering to the .5 seconds off of the 60' will knock 1.5 times that amount off of your 1/4 mile ET. Ive heard people talk about this as a rule of thumb. I personaly have not seen this. Maybe its just because my car isnt running right yet. Ive actually have had a hard time maintaining the gain I got. In other words when I knocked .1 off of my 60' I did not get .15 off of my 1/4 time. In fact I had a hard time getting the .1 to still be there at the end of the track. I do not think the harder launch alone is going to get the low 12's. It will probably take a combonation of things to get there. I would think that some more boost will need to be added at some point.

Jason

Postal,

I agree with you on all points including the '60 and .15second part but if you look at any other car on this site running 111mph and a halfway descent '60 you will see they are all running 12.0-12.4 ET's. I know my car picks up alot in the last 1/8th due to locking the converter, but I should be able to knock well over .5 off my ET with just a descent 60'.

The other runs that night are as follows in order.

60'---1/8th---mph---1/4---mph
2.051 8.542 85.55 13.202 103.74 (converter not locked) Got beat by TTA #1457, 12.898@108.17
1.970 8.415 86.04 13.053 104.26(ditto)
1.969 8.440 86.37 12.989 109.06 (locked midway through 3rd)
2.047 8.546 84.85 13.093 110.72
2.128 8.553 85.81 13.061 111.64(spun, pedaled it) Crossed line before TTA #1457, 12.959@105.1 :D
2.018 8.452 85.68 12.973 111.45(spun again, pedaled it)
2.119 8.603 85.05 13.147 110.93 Crossed line before TTA #1457, 12.978@104.85

Sorry Hunter, couldn't resist!!!

Ive never ran propane but I think it would be even better than a 7th injector. The propane will be a gas instead of a liquid and should do a better job of distibuting evenly. Thats why I want to run propane and NOS through a fogger nozzle.

I have even thought about running both propane and alky, go figure:eek: :D

Holly Crap! Am I reading your times correctly? Are you picking up 6 to 7 mph by locking your convertor in 3rd gear alone?? If so maybe you should lock that sucker sooner. In my experience 1/8th mile mph makes much bigger difference than 1/4 mile mph. Better launches and 1/8th mile mph in the 90's will deffinately go a long way towards meeting your goals. I'am pushing 98mph in the 1/8th and I figure I'll have to hit 100 in the 1/8th to get to where I want to be.

Jason

Why yes you are reading them correctly:D :D

I really cant remember exactly where I locked the converter on the 2 111mph runs, but I know I locked it in 2nd alt least one run that night. I found the DS runs from that night. If you want to see them, I can e-mail them:D

I don't really understand why my car responds that well to locking the converter since it is an orange stripe (restalled D5 in not mistaken) and shouldnt be that loose up top.

Doesn't the gain your getting by locking it make it seam like the convertor is a P.O.S in non lock up mode? I do not understand most of what Ive read or head about torque convertors. In fact the more I try to figure it out the worse it gets. I'm looking into going to a T400 with a switch pitch. The guy who builds the s.p convertors told me this: He said a smaller diameter convertor is more efficient for the same stall. In my mind I can't seam to seperate stall and slip. I guess they are different though. Anyway he says that to build a high stall 12" convertor you got to go to some goofy negative(I think) pitch on one of the sets of fins. This really hurts the efficiency of the conv. Now when you go to like a 9" and want the same stall you can keep the angle positive instead of negative (I might have that backwards but it was the opposite of the 12"). Because you avoid the goofy angle you get the stall with out killing the efficiency. The best guess I can make as far as whats going on is this:

1. a t-conv is a fiscus(fluid) coupler.
2. the bigger the t-conv is the more power that can be transfered through it with minimal slippage.
3. If you want a larger t-conv to have a higher stall you got to run goofy angles on the fins. basically your making it crappy on purpose so it will stall, but it will slip alot also.
4. when you want to run a higher stall t-conv and try to make it still half way efficient you have to make it smaller diameter. I think what happens is that you get stall because your trying to put to much power through some thing thats to small to handle it. Think about it, what would a 4" t-conv with the absolute best possible fin angles do behind a 500 ft-lb engine. That engine would blow right through the little coupler with out a dought.

Jason

Originally posted by GTABurnout
Just remember I now run 12.1 at 112mph...
But still have a ways to go...

/\----- Owner of TTA 1457...

Thats the point, you had alot further to go with what was on the car that night we raced, but my stock slow car was able to make up any difference either at the light or on the top end. I shouldn't have been close enough for that to be possible.
:D

Get yourself an actual performance chip yet?

Besides, I just like picking on you cause you hang out with the LS1 guys, they are fun to pick on too with their mighty aluminum new fangled vee-ates. I think they would sing a different tune if someone showed up with an all aluminum V-6 Buick:D :D