11.30's on TA-49 turbo and stock longblock!

TT/Ameasap

The White Blur
60'--1.551
330'--4.621
1/8--7.202
MPH--95.89
1000'--9.449
1/4--11.341
MPH--???

Screen Name or Car Number Here
EMPTY WEIGHT:stock
BLOCK:stock
HEADS:stock unported
CAM:stock
TRANSMISSION:stock
TORQUE CONVERTER:stock/restalled
DIFFERENTIAL:stock
INTERCOOLER:duttneck from gn
THROTTLE BODY:stock
RJC POWER PLATE:yes
INJECTORS:50#'rs
THERMOSTAT:180
TURBOCHARGER:TA-49
VALVE SPRINGS:100#'ers
MAF:stock
DOWN PIPE:THDP
EXHAUST:edelbrock
FUEL PUMP:walbro 340
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR:billet
FUEL PRESSURE:42psi
ALCHOHOL INJECTION:yes
PROPAIN INJECTION:no
NITROUS:no
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE:K&N
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE:M&H racemaster 26x11.5x16@14psi
AIR BAG(s):no
SUSPENSION:stock
SCAN TOOL:scanmaster 2
FUEL:93 octane
CHIP:Eric marshall
CHIP TIMING:22 in 1,2 and 21 in 3rd
KNOCK RETARD:4 degrees on 2-3 shift then down 0.2
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:760's
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:n/a
TRACK ELEVATION:10 ft?
TEMPERATURE:80 degrees
PEAK BOOST:25
BOOST AT LAUNCH:10psi
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE:80k

I have gone leaps and bounds on this alky kit from mid 12's to low 11's in a very short period of time. All I can say is WOW!

M&H racemasters are the BOMB!!!I just had to figure them out. Low pressure is key;)

Soon as 50 degree weather comes I am off to the track again.

Oh ya, first pass was 11.474 and a 1.552 60'

Bo:cool:

Bo,
I see that your able to run 21º of timing in 3rd....no crazy KR at ~90-100mph? For whatever reason(s) my TTA does not like much timing in 3rd. Right now I have it at 19º and that was a jump from 18º. I'd like to see it at 21º but fear loosing something along the way. What was your trap speed on that 11.341 pass? Are you locking the converter from the line? What RPM are you shifting at?

The right lane wasn't showing MPH and I only got two runs in. I also forgot to mention the 10-15mph head wind! so I am guessing 118-119 mph only because my 11.64 run was 115mph not locking converter. Yes I locked the converter on both these runs from the line. I shift into D and leave it there the whole run.

I know I am maxed on timing right now, but no crazy KR.....Just a degree or so trickling down to nothing. I really wish I could have seen the mph to see 1/8-1/4mph, but I will be out again shortly.
Next outing I will have a video (outside/inside).

My car responds very well to alky. I was faster on the alky than race gas believe it or not....I do a lot of testing with different parts/tunes, the combo I have now is very strong and leathal in cooler weather. ;)

Bo

No need to convince me about the alky/race fuel power thing. My TTA runs MUCH better on alky as does everyone around here that I race with. Hell, Ed Brewer the starter of this thread has clobered his old best on race gas when using the alky....must be doing something right! Two weeks ago I ran 122 mph on alky and picked up 29.3 mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4...now that tells you something ablout the power of methanol.

Originally posted by turbov6joe
No need to convince me about the alky/race fuel power thing. My TTA runs MUCH better on alky as does everyone around here that I race with. Hell, Ed Brewer the starter of this thread has clobered his old best on race gas when using the alky....must be doing something right! Two weeks ago I ran 122 mph on alky and picked up 29.3 mph from the 1/8 to the 1/4...now that tells you something ablout the power of methanol.

29.3 mph is incredible. I would kill for that increase. My best to date is like 23mph And that was the only one. All the rest have been 20-22mph.

What's your best 60' Joe?

Man, this is a text book example of hijacking a thread; however, Ed is cool and I'm sure doesn't mind. Anyhow, if I don't see at least a 25 mph gain on the split, I'm looking for causes. I keep very accurate records of all my passes and 24 mph is about the lowest I've seen since it was 100% stock. My best 60' is a 1.61 launching off a T brake at 10-13 psi on OLD MT Street's. I'm trying not to go too crazy on the launches as I'm not in a financial postion to replace the rear. Too bad GM didn't use a more stout rear like the TR's!

I hear you on the rear end thing... BTW, this is my post. Nothing off topic here man.

I keep all my records in a book with the slips.. Organization is key in knowing what the car reacts to.

I have been drag racing since 99 and my dad raced for a long time. It comes with the territory tho I am more anel than most.:D

I look forward to seeing you guys in BG next year.

Bo

My bad, I thought this was Ed Brewers post on 11.30 with a stock turbo in the alky section.....I'm tired!

No problem. As soon as I run a 10 sec timeslip... I am going back to stock turbo and chasing him down.:p

Bo

HEADS:stock unported
CAM:stock
INTERCOOLER:duttneck from gn
TURBOCHARGER:TA-49
FUEL:93 octane
CHIP TIMING:22 in 1,2 and 21 in 3rd
PEAK BOOST:25

You can search through these lists and alway see things that dont make sense. Guys that put a few hardcore pieces then none of the other stuff to make it work, guys that have all the stuff then dont run the boost or timing to make it run right, guys that make enough horse power to run crazy mph but pay no attention to getting the car out of the hole ect ect ect.......

If you backed up this run on this combo and you're not pulling our legs then you get an A+ with extra credit. That has to be the most impressive pump gas / mild combo run I've ever seen posted.

Jason

Jason, he did run an 11.4x before that run.

Hey man sometimes the moon align's rite up..temps are rite.. tires stick like they need to..etc.. things happen.

Thanks Jason, I knew the car had it in it, just came quicker than I expected....my first pass was an 11.47 (hot)and I turned the boost up 1 psi. let the car cool down and ran the 11.34. The only change from my 11.64 run backed by 11.66 was 1psi boost,dutt neck,locked converter.

My 11.34 run was also in a 10-15 mph head wind:eek: and 80degree temps.

Tomorrow I will be at the Bradenton track to test n tune w/ a stretch IC and more boost/timing. I hope the tranny and rear end holds together.

I drove to the track, busted some 1.5 60' times and 11.30-11.40's then drove home.:cool:

Im very happy.

Bo

Also, Juio Don and Eric Marshall have "RAISED THE BAR" for mild to wild combo's IMHO ......You'll see more cars like mine making butt loads of HP with less n less.

Bo

2 weeks ago I ran 122mph off the trailer with my TTA, nothing fancy about the combo:

stock untouched heads with springs
stock cam
TE45a
50's
THDP
Through the muffler
Eric M. chip with 23º-21.5º-19º on 92 octane and methanol.

TTA Rear

Are the TTAs Rears that durable to handle mid to low 11 sec time slips all the time it seems like most u guys have stock rears which is incredible? when is there breaking point high 10's>?:confused:

Are the TTAs Rears that durable to handle mid to low 11 sec time slips all the time it seems like most u guys have stock rears which is incredible? when is there breaking point high 10's>?:confused:

My rear started howling with a handfull of 1.5 60ft's. I busted out a bunch of 1.7-1.6's and had no issues. Gotta pay to play either way you look at it.