1000' 9.24
1/4 10.85
MPH 124.4

Screen Name or Car Number Here:jdstta 1092
EMPTY WEIGHT: 3475
BLOCK:stock
HEADS:stock ported
CAM:212/212/
TRANSMISSION:level 10 Mike Demarco AWESOME!!!!
TORQUE CONVERTER:3500 9/11
DIFFERENTIAL:stock
INTERCOOLER:Tony Dequick front mount
THROTTLE BODY:stock
RJC POWER PLATE:yes
INJECTORS:65lb
THERMOSTAT:160
TURBOCHARGER:Limited Enginer 67/63exhaust housing
VALVE SPRINGS:LTI 100lbs
MAF:no
DOWN PIPE:3inch
EXHAUST:stock with DMH elec cutout COOL!!!!!!!!!!!!
FUEL PUMP:walbro 307
FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR:billet
FUEL PRESSURE:40
ALCHOHOL INJECTION:ALKYCONTROL the only way to run!!!!!
PROPAIN INJECTION:no
NITROUS:no
AIR FILTER AND AIR INTAKE:K@N 3inch pipe
TIRE DESIGN, SIZE & AIR PRESSURE:M/T ET STREETS 26/9inch@15lbs
AIR BAG(s):no
SUSPENSION:stock with sway bars ON!!!!!!
SCAN TOOL:scanmaster
FUEL:93 pumpgas
CHIP:MAXEFFORT
CHIP TIMING:23*
KNOCK RETARD:NONE
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:750/760 Through the traps
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:1532
TRACK ELEVATION:sea level ?
TEMPERATURE:75 degrees
PEAK BOOST:24/25
BOOST AT LAUNCH:4lbs
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE:32375

Nicely done! Why are you only launching at 4 lbs though?

Jason

Any higher and he blows the tires.. cant ya read.. he needs new shoes... :tongue:

Its probably the fastest TTA on Felpro 9441 gaskets :eek: And stock style oem round pistons, oem rings, oem bearings, :wink:

Next leave at 12-15 PSI "ZING".. lock the converter up in high gear... leave the boost alone.. bet it hits 10.8's

The video was sweet! It looked like a real bad 60' and then BANGO!! HOUSTON.., WE HAVE LIFT OFF!!! JD, Get it linked for everyone to see.

ATTN: People.....This is what happens when you tune your car! :wink:

Bo

Those are some killer numbers JD...I have a few questions for ya.

1. What psi is your turn on point?
2. Where is your initial and blue knob set at?
3. Are you running 23* in all gears, if not what is it in 1st and 2nd gear?
4. What mph are you locking the TCC?
5. What is your target A/F ratio?
6. Between you and Julio, what are your best 60's with the MT street radials at 15psi?
7. Do you agree that the TTA's are everything that the TR's should have been?

joe this is the best I can DO

1 5lbs
2 90%
3 have M/E with a test chip 26* in 1st 25* in 2nd 23* in 3rd
4 dont lock at ALL!!!!!!!
5 o2's are 750/760 at end of track egt's are 1530*
6 best 60 is 1.54 with Julio other car at B/G
7 YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joe give me a call or pm me your # I would love to talk to you!

941 416 7509 cell/941 473 0136home

Thanks for the info, I was curious to see just how close are tunes are. I had a good day at the track on Sunday. After getting the boost up to 24 psi and the fuel to where it needed to be I managed to knock off a bunch of fast passes. The best pass of the day was a 11.14 @ 123.25, this was on a 1.579 short time (MT drag radials @ 15 psi cold). I have a another pound of boost to go up and some more tweaking to do with the timing, alky etc...but for the most part the car is dialed in. I was running 22º of timing in high gear and locking the TCC at 75 mph. EGT's seemed to hover right around 1557º with the A/F targeted at 11.3:1 and 40 psi of static FP. I still want to mess with the alky and see if I can get the timing up a tad more. What's strange is that when I upped the timing to 23º in high gear, the motor didn't seem to like it??? Needs more tuning I guess. I will say this, I'm damn glad I put that T brake back in, I would have NEVER been able to duplicate the short times off the foot brake! I am SO impressed with those drag radials. My dad was knocking off 1.51 times and another buddy 1.40's on the radials....that's freak'n hooking!! Now if I can get my MPH up to 125 on the stock IC I'll be REAL happy. Cheers!

Joe..you may be getting into dual nozzle territory.. thats one thing common on mine and JD's TTA.. drop me a call..

HTH

Nice runs.. has your Dad broken into the 10's yet?

Julio,
I still have a bunch left in the single set up. My initial setting is only slightly higher than factory and my gain is at about the 1:30-2:00 position....do you still see a reason to go to duals?

Just need to squeeze it a little harder. Something tells me your car is a little on the fat side.. tune wise..

If its not picking up KR.. keep squeezing..

Julio

The EGT is a tad low for what I know the motor likes (high 1600's) but the 1/8 to 1/4 gain was 27.5 mph, so it can't be too fat. I'm going to throw another pound of boost at it and see what happens....go or blow :biggrin: I still would like to see 125mph as it sits, but the stock IC might be the major restriction in that equation....can't say for sure though.

I think the "fatness" is in the bottom end of the run. Maybe your boost is lower then creeps up.. creating less power.. or car runs a little richer then leans out on the top end. The bottom end of the run is what I would be concentrating efforts on. The back half of the track.. the car and tuneup is working since its picking up +25. Any IC issues would show up in the back half of the track...so I wouldnt worry bout this.. yet.

So.. add timing, add boost, lean it out on the first 330 feet.. all will come together in the back half. Doing this will bring down your 1/8 and also increase your 1/8 MPH. Increase your 1/8 mile.. you'll increase your 1/4 mile..

My buddy Laz put it to me this way.. you got to put a torch to it in the bottom end..then control the flame as it goes down the track.

HTH

Makes sense since the 1/8 mph was only 96 and change. In BG this year it went almost 99 mph, that was nice....any ideas on how to lean it out down low with the wide band aiming for a target of 11.3 througout the pass at WOT? Right now I think I have ~27º in first, 25º in second, and 22º in 3rd....can't imagine more timing then that down low.

Running it with open or closed exhuast?

The timing your running is correct. Only thing I can think off is boost.. and the exhuast can play havoc on boost control.

Maybe have Eric make a patch that can shut off the WB correction till like 50 MPH.. that way the bottom end can be leaned out a little more.

Or an old school solenoid with jet off the turbo to bleed a little more air increasing the boost a few lbs.. this can be done via a time delay setup as well.

The car likes the 11.3 AFR.. mine does too as its reflects on MPH. Problem is getting your car to hit 100-102 in the 1/8.. you do this.. badabing.. your there.

The patch idea sounds good, I'll shoot EM an email and see if this is possible. I was also racking my brain tonight and came accross something else that might make a difference. In BG this year I had the turn on at ~7-8psi, the initial at factory settings, and the gain at ~12:30. Last Sunday I had the turn on at 4psi, the initial up a bit, and the gain at the 1:30-2:00 position. With the later settings and being on the T brake at ~10-12 psi the meth is pumping at a decent rate.....throw in the 11.3 AFR once into WOT and it would seem to me that the motor is getting more fuel then needed; or at least more than at the previous settings....hence the lower 1/8 mph. I wonder if I crank up the turn on point to say 8-9 psi and put the initial back to factory, I wonder if that might lean it out enough down low to get the fire started??? I'll have to mess with it next time to the track and see what it likes. Seems to me that having the meth come on later and not as aggressive might do the trick; but like Laz said, maintaining the fire is the trick! Right now I'm only seeing low single digit KR right when the TCC locks in 3rd gear, EGT's in the mid 1500º, and O2's right around .763...can you say room to play :D I think before with the T brake out and only being able to build up less than 5 psi on the line, the meth was not pumping like it is at the higher boost levels on the brake....I'll report findings.