SUSPENSION:stock
SCAN TOOL:none
FUEL:93 octane
CHIP:stock
CHIP TIMING:stock
KNOCK RETARD:??
OXYGEN SENSOR VOLTAGE:???
EXHAUST GAS TEMPERATURE:???
TRACK ELEVATION:E-Town,NJ(near sea level)
TEMPERATURE:80*
PEAK BOOST:stock
BOOST AT LAUNCH:0(1800 rpm launch)
MILES ON THE CAR/ENGINE:61,300

It figures that when I used the car two years ago for a shootout with GMHTP that it would only muster a 13.71 @ 97mph and this weekend with no changes it was ripping off some pretty good times for a stock car.

The 13.37 run was my first pass and as the day progressed we started running round robin so my times fell off but still managed to run 13.44, 13.40, 13.58, 13.472, 13.474, 13.59, 13.55, and 13.67. All passes were over 103mph except the last three which were 102, 102, and 101mph respectivly.

Very nice! So if I am reading this correct that thing is bone stock except for a drop in K&N filter? Very impressive!

Jason

Very nice! So if I am reading this correct that thing is bone stock except for a drop in K&N filter? Very impressive!

Jason

Thanks :) your reading it right and it impressed me too. I was expecting to see some 13.6's again at around 100-101mph but then on Sat it surprised me with a 13.53, 13.48, and 13.50 all at 102mph. Then Sunday morning shocked me with that 13.37 and a string of 13.4's at over 103mph :eek: I've been 2.01 60ft with the car so I'm thinking wait for some better cooler air and work on those 60fts to see how much quicker it'll go all stock.

Dan #850 is still 100% just as it left the factory but thanks again for that cover
#124 will be all back together real soon thanks to you :) :cool:

Congrats Steve,
Your a madman!

Talk to you soon.

ps, how big of a job to replace front and rear seals?

Thanks Steve

I will let You know when I am ready to take the task on. I just moved my office and we moved the lift two days ago. Still have to have electric run to it.

Talk to you soon.

Let me know next time you get out this way.

Hi,
Good runs ,Steve! Actually, you are just being consistent; our cars can run mid to low 13s most days, unless the weather is really soupy. I have never raced mine. It is fully functional, so will probably do similar times. My Riviera is the consistent one;I run an easy 15.5 in cool weather, and I think if I were to do something about that nightmare THM TE60,which won't let me hold 1st gear, I would be in the 14s with that boat. The car is a hoot, and with a full tank and a full trunk,it must weigh 4000 lbs. It was my Dad's last car, and I would sell everything before I let that one go...
Sorry to ramble, and once again, congratulations on the great times with the TTA!

Has it been that long since the shoot-out?:redface:
I was the guy with the GNX
Sounds like you have your car running right where you hoped to have when i talked to you at the shoot-out--Congrats:cool:

Geoff

Thanks guys :)

I understand all about sentimental value, my dads getting older now and my GTA is probrobly going to be the last car we will get to build together. It may not be the prettiest thing out there, and is far from done but me and him built it together and I'll never sell it, even my wife knows that she'll go before that car lol :biggrin:

Yeah Geoff its been that long already :) was a great experience I'll never forget meeting you, your friend with the Firehawk, the guy with the ZO6 who was just tearing it up, and everybody else. And your right these were the times I was hoping for back then.