Tso Top Gun Point Series

Otto, the whole point is here don't whine about not spending $$ to get where you wanted to go and use that just as a excuse why it didn't happen. I'm sure if you didn't break 2 sets of ring gears, burnt pistons and the many other "setbacks" you would have had the $$ to buy a 88mm turbo, but I know that's racing, been there.

Just don't come in here pointing fingers we are winning with our checkbooks, that's a B.S. chicken$hit thing to say.

My point is thats why I wasnt winning or setting records.I could only afford to spent what i had to get the car out and in the mix,Some guys have more to spend than others.Most of the time those guys will be the fastest.That not chicken **** at all.I always gave props to the guys that did even yourself.
BTW Props on that new mph,170+:eek: You werent kidding when you said you have more left
Thats gotta be over 200+ more HP than I made.

As far as ring gears,One set i got for free cause it was used,the other i got for cost.(No high dollar 9" in my car):)

I think it would be MUCH better to remove the penalty from the T5 flange!

Get that idea emailed to the rule makers!
That T4 guy proved they can run faster than T5 guys170+ out of a T4 flange:eek:
Thats nuts.
Time to update that sig Ted.Congrats again,Thats just plain sick!

JESUS H C*****! I am looking forward to next season, it will be interesting with or without all the BS. I plan to take Teds record on the first race, whether it happens or not is yet to be determined. Good luck to all (especially the guys flying our banner:biggrin: )

I agree next year should be exciting. We have three cars over 160mph in competition 2 in testing and 2 or 3 more that are talking a big game for next year, should be fun.

Norwalk in June is a WHOLE lot different than Cecil or Atco in November.

My turbo was run cause of price 800 bucks new.Way less than a new 88.
My choice to not spend as much money as most.Also another reason i
wasnt as fast as the rest.

No clue or not,If someone has the info from BG,Thats what it weighed
when teching in for TSO.I have no idea either why.

I do feel good knowing I almost went as fsat with those heads as they have gone,But if they were that great you probably would have kept them.

Otto,
It is time more than money just ask my wife:redface: If you would've stuck with it you may have found a whole lot more in your combo. I won't lie it isn't cheap either but you can't just go out an buy all the best parts money can buy and expect it to just all magically work. I can't count how many gear, TQ conv and cam swaps I've done to get everything perfectly matched. I'm still not convinced it is 100% right yet and I still haven't won a race but I'll be back next year.

I don't post much on the internet because I'm not very good at getting my thoughts out over a keyboard. I had a great time this year racing TSO, sometimes things went well and sometimes they didn't. I guess sometimes you do have to be smarter than the boost controller ( or at least smarter than a bad boost solenoid ). It looks like next year is going to be very interesting with some new faces in the staging lanes. I look forward to some close racing!

Dave Fiscus
8__ it didn't happen if you didn't see it

I think you are doing fine with your thoughts :) Just try to avoid emulating the words and personal attacks of a few writers in this thread. :)

Please keep this on track guys and leave the smack talking out please:biggrin:

As close as these car are becoming and the fact its been proven the fast car doesnt always win against a great racer.
Here is a link to what some guys should ask for Christmas
PC Tree Pro - Drag Racing Practice Tree - PC Tree Pro
pct%20pro.gif

Tso

Gee it's kind of sad that we were the first TSO legal car to go over 160 in
competition in 2600 DA air and now we're not even mentioned as a player,
thanks JW! I also want to thank DF for forcing us to retire our 10 year old
engine with a improved version of Ted's piece maybe even a full stage 2
.:eek: All this stuff is kinda funny keeps the winter boredom to a minimum.
Otto can I also claim Don Cruz and Jason White as they are both using DLS
stroker kits and Don also has our TSM custom cam. I was going to add to
my sig but 2 time Buicks at Bristol winner , 2005 GSCA TSO Champ and record
holder 2005&2007, the home of the longest standing TSM record holder ,the
current TSO legal record holder, soon to be the fastest V6 Buick in world
(Schmidt) would just take up to much room and I don't like to brag as I was
only a small part of all of these racers success .

Call bull****,But i heard nothing from nobody about rules till Ted posted above.
Chris had asked me at Cecil what i was up to and I told him I would not be racing TSO.
So I hadnt expected to hear about them anyway.

Otto,

I'm not really sure I understand your post. I stated that EITHER, you, Tony or Cal heard from Dave that there was a rule email sent out by Chris. That's all I said. If you never heard about it from Dave then I still stand by my statement that either Cal or Tony did. I'll come out and say I heard from Richie about the email. It's no big deal, I would fully expect Dave to mention it to others as well.

Art.

"If I spent half the money you guys do" not time.

Otto,

I agree with the above. I think the rules need to be clarified so the points series doesn't turn into a game of who has the most money wins. You can't play in that game and neither can I. That's why we both sold our cars. I'm happy that I have the opportunity to still race.

From what I understand no one that was legal this year will be outlawed. From what I understand the rules are to be clarified so it's easy to police them and make sure no one is playing games.

In my opinion it'll be no fun if every year someone needs to by a new turbo to stay competitive. Like with the BG rules I think people have a pretty good idea of what the limits of the class were. I think it's a good idea to make sure those limits are clearly defined and can be verified. If it becomes a class where the guy with the most money wins all the time no one will race and it'll be like years past where it's the same 4 guys racing each other at every event...

Art.

Gee it's kind of sad that we were the first TSO legal car to go over 160 in
competition in 2600 DA air and now we're not even mentioned as a player,
thanks JW!

Dan,

I am getting old please forgive my omission as it was unintentional.
Good luck next year...

Otto can I also claim Don Cruz and Jason White as they are both using DLS
stroker kits and Don also has our TSM custom cam. I was going to add to
my sig but 2 time Buicks at Bristol winner , 2005 GSCA TSO Champ and record
holder 2005&2007, the home of the longest standing TSM record holder ,the
current TSO legal record holder, soon to be the fastest V6 Buick in world
(Schmidt) would just take up to much room and I don't like to brag as I was
only a small part of all of these racers success .

YOu absolutlel should Dan,These guys are all accomplished racers with your input,And they always mention your involvement in their cars
You should get a website going for your business and have all their cars listed there.
Hell,You and your cars are no joke and they should be mentioned!

I can wait if your coming out with a full stage 2 setup,A shakedown pass should be in the 170s fur sure.

I think Ted should have went the full stage 2 route since he started from scratch.

wow!

Who would of thought that a ditch digger could prompt DS to update his engine. I must be doing something right, maybe I've finally started making some power. I don't know if I'll do anything to my car over the winter or not as I kinda like being the underdog. With the cars all running together all I can hope for is this turns into a drivers race. Those are usually the best ones to watch anyway.

Dave Fiscus
Fiscus Trucking and Excavating
Home of the 2007 TSO champ, Natalie, and two golden retievers!

I think Ted should have went the full stage 2 route since he started from scratch.

We had the old GN-1R heads from the motor that blew up in BPG 06 and after a long talk with Dan while looking at Schmidts new pair of Chapman S2 heads, we decided the GN-1R heads would meet goal of 160+ and went with them. We expect more now we are using the TA heads.

We know we can fall back on the Stage II heads if we need to, there is a set on the shelf ready to go. :eek: