TSM - John Plog-8 second run

John,

What rear end gear do you run in that beast? I've always been curious how high the motor spins.

It has 5.67 gears from what my boy scout compass was reading.
When I looked at his data log it was at 7800 rpm when the 3rd stage of nitrous kicked in. That sent the rpms over 9200. I suggested he should cut back on the nitro mix and change the supercharger underdrive ratio to keep it around 8700.
Not bad for a car that weighs 2600 pounds with an 88 turbo.

VERY VERY Impressive John!! Now let's find you some money races because it looks like a mid 10 second car.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

You won't find any money here since I was the one that shot the video but I will make sure I keep the video hidden deep in the archives of Buick History.....really it's just an old iron headed Buick stock block....lol

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Congrats John. I'm glad to see you stay with that setup and make it work. Little less wheelie and you'll be in the 8.80s.
Rules are pretty dang close, less than .15 tenths between an aluminum head and iron heads.

This should be a kick in the pants for all the other TSM racers! Stop whining about the rules and step up, John did!

Now, I get to go back to the drawing board on my setup.. Plog is too close for comfort lol