Trying To Keep The HOTAIR Guys Proud

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
Didn't car to post the ET's since you have to know why it is the way it is. I hope to have the ET's in the 10's next time out since i fixed the popping i was having and the slipping converter. anyways figured i would share. First one on the new RJC site and Razor Site ;)

Boost231---Doing my Best to make you PROUD

RJC Customer Rides

Can't get the direct link to work. go to

http://alkycontrol.com/

click on applications and click 84/85 buick regal gn

Gives me something to shoot for and Surpas :D. Congrats, thats an impressive time for a Hot Air...

thats pretty BA boost231 i cant wait to get my car going. where did you plump your alky at? i guess im not going to be hot air for much longer:mad: i just had to buy the intercooler kit when i found one:biggrin: lol

i think i posted some pictures up. i will look to see if i can find the post. if not i will email them to you. as for the times thanks. if i could have stayed in it im sure it would have been a 11.00 11.24 @ 110 doesn't add up since i have run 12.3 @ 117 ;)

i feel dumb now:redface: i remember reading that i didnt know you posted it. can i get your thought brent? whats your thoughts of injecting it like in the intercooler or somewhere around there?

you got the spearco setup coming right. if so i got an idea for you ;)

Taking out the A/C box is the only way to go.

I'm yanking mine so I don't have to fight with the 5" DP for the Turbo LS1.:cool:

Do you have any heater at all? Probly not a big issue in AZ.

EatM up--- Email sent.

WFO--- Nope no heater, arizona i dont need it. When its cold i put a sweat shirt on. when its hot i roll the windows down. 120 deg weather with the windows down fells like a blow dryer so i dont drive the car when its super hot. car doesnt like heat as it is.

Car will be moved to cally soon.

i feel dumb now:redface: i remember reading that i didnt know you posted it. can i get your thought brent? whats your thoughts of injecting it like in the intercooler or somewhere around there?

My Spearco kit has a hole for an alky nozzle right before the intake adapter.

If I was going to install that intercooler fresh I'd move the throttle body off the turbo into the intercooler pipe before it goes back into the intake.

I had always planned on it but never got around to it. The car was running decent as it was.

EatM up--- Email sent.

WFO--- Nope no heater, arizona i dont need it. When its cold i put a sweat shirt on. when its hot i roll the windows down. 120 deg weather with the windows down fells like a blow dryer so i dont drive the car when its super hot. car doesnt like heat as it is.

Car will be moved to cally soon.

Yeah I hear ya on the heater/AC thing. I might look into one of those little 12v jeep heaters and hook it to the defrost vents. The moisture up here you really only NEED the defroster.

Where in Cali you moving to?

i live in cally now. i live in north hollywood but moving to the east side of town.

i live in cally now. i live in north hollywood but moving to the east side of town.

Ah that's not so bad.

I lived in Laguna Hills when I was stationed at El Toro then I lived in Poway when I was at Miramar.:cool:

I daily drove my 65 Plymouth big block car down there,the weather's not near as extreme as frickin AZ.:eek:

My Spearco kit has a hole for an alky nozzle right before the intake adapter.

If I was going to install that intercooler fresh I'd move the throttle body off the turbo into the intercooler pipe before it goes back into the intake.

I had always planned on it but never got around to it. The car was running decent as it was.

how would this be done :confused: and i could use a bov too then hehe
and will a stock 86/87 style turbo work now on my car or what? im sitll lost on a turbo:frown:

how would this be done :confused: and i could use a bov too then hehe
and will a stock 86/87 style turbo work now on my car or what? im sitll lost on a turbo:frown:

I'll make a new thread and show you in the pics.

As far as an 87 style turbo you can run them if you have different seals put in them. Gpopshop has them and you can have them put in locally.

The throttle body will bolt up but it will be at a funky angle. The adapter I had made is to bolt the throttle body back up straight.

If you put the throttle body in the intercooler side you won't have to worry about any of this.:D Your air intake will bolt straight up to the turbo with an inlet bell. The turbo seals won't matter because there will be very little vacuum on the intake side of the turbo compared to when the throttle body was bolted to it.

Hot air now cold air wait??

LOL thats what I'm talking about!! I have my hot air setup ready my car is a buick regal 87 has v8 junck. I've been wondering if I should wait and then build my 109; then place the 87 setup and wire harness in just taking too long, my hot air is COMPLETE and READY maybe I can put in hot air and finish build 109 for later install?? I only want a low11s car.:confused:

Didn't car to post the ET's since you have to know why it is the way it is. I hope to have the ET's in the 10's next time out since i fixed the popping i was having and the slipping converter. anyways figured i would share. First one on the new RJC site and Razor Site ;)

Boost231---Doing my Best to make you PROUD

I commend you on your accomplishments and determination to date, AND, your willingness to assist and share information and knowledge. :cool:

It is the combination of accomplishments and sharing that gives the HA crowd hope, and hopefully, less cars will be parted or converted to the 86-87 set-up. :eek:

You may not realize this, but I firmly belief that you and others have changed a few minds, and solidified the path for those who are determined to see the HA’s work.

Keep up the good work! :cool: