trouble removing the stock A pillar to install Lotek..

Romulus

What all has to be taken off to get the A pillar out? I started to unscrew the visor and pop off the molding above the driver's side window, but figured it'd be easier asking you guys for some help :) Thanks

Two screws on the pillar, then remove the moulding over the door opening (metal one, clips on, don't break them, holds the head-liner).

Loosen the one moulding over your left shoulder. It has long screws (2).

Slide the pillar back and out.

Hope that helps. Mike

the only part i'm stuck on is the metal clips above the door.. i know the trim can slide along them, but i can't tell how they unhook from the roof :confused:

thanks for the help

The top trim is a PIA to get off and on. What you need to do is put the palm of your hand against the "gutter" of the roof. Then pull with your finger tips on the inside of the trim. Once you get it off, you will understand how it works.

Oh yea, getting back on is loads of fun too.
:mad:

Use a screwdriver if you dare, GENTLY.

Pry on the outside and look in with a flashlight.

Good luck.

Originally posted by 1 rare t
Use a screwdriver if you dare, GENTLY.

Pry on the outside and look in with a flashlight.

Good luck.

Oh yea, I forgot. I did the above before I started to get a look at what kind of clip i was working with.

I installed the Lotek dual pod right over the old A-pillar and it looks fine. I only used 1 of the screws that came with the lotek but it was long enough to go through the old one.It does't fit into the side rail like the old pillar but I used 2-sided tape and stuck it to the old pillar. Looks fine to me.

You can get that headliner trim off by hanging about 37 bowling balls off it. Once it bends, throw it away - it's superfluous anyway. Throw your broken fingernails away, too.

If you want to see what the clips look like go to any GM dealer - they should have a drawer full of 'em. It'll help you understand what you're up against - before the fact.

Kirban has good instructions on removing the trim.

:D