Trouble free fan solution?

Adam Connell

Monster Truckin since 87'
Ok I've been searching through fan threads and due to my job I have ZERO time to even think about this... What is the EASIEST radiator fan solution out there? I want a no trouble, super quick install, plug in play preferable. I've been running around fanless for a little while now, which means NO A/C and no traffic. I finally have some cash to spare so I figured I'd shell out a little extra for the lack of headache.

What do you guys suggest?

Not to sound like a smart-ass, but the details in your signature make it sound like you still have a stock location intercooler. If that's the case, a replacement stock radiator fan would meet all of your criteria. They come up for sale all the time in the "parts for sale" section, are usually pretty cheap, and are definitely "plug and play". If you don't have a front-mount intercooler, the stock fan can do just fine.

Only thing you might consider when installing it is putting some weatherstripping between the edges of the fan shroud and the radiator core. This will force all of the air that the fan is moving to come through the radiator core first. This should help cooling efficiency a bit.

Good Luck,

Check your fan relay connections. I had to clean off the old electrical grease off of the plug and relay in order to re-establish the connection. Went from no fan to a working trouble free fan in about 30 minutes.

Only thing you might consider when installing it is putting some weatherstripping between the edges of the fan shroud and the radiator core. This will force all of the air that the fan is moving to come through the radiator core first. This should help cooling efficiency a bit.

Good Luck,

This works quite well. I used split pipe insulation on mine available at your hardware store for about $2.00 per section. believe I used the 3/4" size, it has adhesive on both sides of the split.

Bryan

I have been using a simple adjustable cooling fan switch for the past 16 years that you can get from Advance Auto Parts for around $20.00. As long as you don't mind cutting your cooling fan wires to install it, it is very reliable and trouble free although you will only have one speed for the fan instead of the high and low speed like the factory had.I have a front mount intercooler and the single speed fan kept the engine running cool even when i drove it in Fla. and SC.

For simplicity and cost it is hard to beat this switch to control the cooling fan.

hello; I'd like to here more about that adjustable switch. Is it in the car? What temp. are you set at and how do you know what temp. your coolant is?
IBBY
IBBY​

hello; I'd like to here more about that adjustable switch. Is it in the car? What temp. are you set at and how do you know what temp. your coolant is?
IBBY
IBBY​
The switch is mounted in the engine compartment next to the radiator (i mounted it to the radiator core support with velcro tape strips). The temperature sensor probe has a capillary tube that runs over to the switch and that sensor gets mounted on the radiator close to the upper radiator hose. The switch has a really wide range of adjustment, i have mine set to come on at 180 and it turns off at 165. I have a temperature gauge to monitor the engine temp with. I also installed an inline fuse for added protection but it's not really needed,that's up to you.The part number for the switch at Advanve Auto Parts is 226203 and the price is $18.69 the manufacturer of the switch is Imperial. They have more expensive adjustable cooling fan switches there but this is the one you want to use so don't let them talk you into one of those.