Transmission shopping...

Type6: No that was not the issue.

The Trans is blown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for any confusion....

The Trans lost 1st, then shortly after all the gears. The fluid is black, it is absolutely toast now.

There are a few vendors on this board who have proven to build good units. I can personally vouch for Extreme Automatics. I have his Stage 2 trans in my car. Shifts better than any other 2004r I've ever ridden in and has not missed a beat late this season with a majority of low 10 second passes. Fluid still looks great too.
Be sure you flush or replace your cooler and lines after the rebuild.

desu3u4y.jpg

yquzemeb.jpg
u5ytepy2.jpg
e2esuvu3.jpg
e2u8y4an.jpg

All done! This Huesk box and stall is GREAT.

Instant spool and firm, crisp, positive shifts over the break-in.

Satisfied customer!

Dave is awesome I just talked to him too. He's about done with my transmission and took the time to tell me everything if transmission is as good as his customer support I'm beyond impressed

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
went with LONNIE at EXTREME AUTOMATICS....he built me a stage 1 2004r and 9.5 custom converter..suppose to pick up this week..

All these builders are best in class, but I went with the builder that was the most attentive to my situation...and every situation is different.

An update, the transmission is broken-in for the most part and everything is working GREAT. The 3021 stall is RIGHTEOUS, the car really really really wanted that converter. Partial throttle means INSTANT spool with my 6266/E85 setup and the TransTemp gauge never goes over 170 even on long, long drives.

Ultra happy so far!

cool just started my break in....LONNIE DIERS AT EXTREME AUTOMATICS
04051421001.jpg
0406140955a1.jpg
0406140955b1.jpg
04061409551.jpg
0401141304a1.jpg
stage1trans and new custom 2800 9.5 converter...don't know if its just me but car seems to be quicker on take off from stoplights...cant wait till breakin is over so I can step in it...

going to have my old trans gone thru and rebuilt to have a spare...can anyone help me decifer these number on my old trans and torque converter...may need to replace this converter if it is not correct..i could not find anything on it..
0406141058.jpg
0406141113.jpg

COULD someone help me decifer my old trans info...going to have it gone thru to see whats going on with it to have a spare..

Late to the party but I got a stage 3 from Lonnie. Planned for a stage 2 but the extra stuff in the stage 3 meant that I should never have to worry about the trans again as I don't plan on making anywhere near the max rating for the trans. Worked perfectly since day one after I checked and double checked pressure and TV settings.

Only screw up on my end was thinking I still needed to overfill the trans like back in the day...