Translator question

tacordes

Hello
I have been fighting a intermittant backfiring, coughing , black smoke pumping out the tailpipe under w o t for a l o n g time now.
I have replaced all the most common things except for the stock maf.
I think im finally going to get rid of the stock maf setup and upgrade.
MY question is from what I have read on here. There are a few options for upgrades.
What seems to be the best choice , translator and ls1 maf.. or go totally maf less. or is there something elese out there I have not heard of yet ?

Anyone who has one of these setups on your car let me know how it works and what all is Involved in getting it installed and tuned.

Just incase it matters. All I will ever want out of the car is maybe low to middle 12's............ 110 mph trap

thanks

When my stock maf went south, I upgraded to the translator and 3" LT 1 maf.
Everything plugs right in place if you are going with the 3" LT1 if you go with the 3.5"LS1 all you will need is a hose adapter to make it fit in place.

Whats involved in using the LS1 maf? Whats this translator I hear about? My friend has an F body junk yard and if its really worht it Ill go get one. I have 42.5's adj regulator, W307 pump and a TA49. Will I have to have it calibrated? Thanks.

yes the stock mafs are junk now, fullthrottlespeed offers the translator and many different style mafs they offer the 3" LT1 witch requires no hose change and they offer the LS1 and Z06 witch do require a larger hose if you purchase the ZO6 maf make sure you purchase the wire adapter that is required. before you start buying these parts id check the connection of your pcm to or if you have access to a extra one swap it and check if it still backfires.

Whats involved in using the LS1 maf? Whats this translator I hear about? My friend has an F body junk yard and if its really worht it Ill go get one. I have 42.5's adj regulator, W307 pump and a TA49. Will I have to have it calibrated? Thanks.
just set the translator to the LS1 maf setting and thats it, its a plug and play unit

For the 3.5 LS1 maf, like I said above all you will need is a hose adapter for the bigger maf to make it fit. Also you will need a translator to make this set up work, basically the translator modifys the signal from the new maf so the ecm never knows anything has changed. No calibrations, there are dip switch settings in the translator and a knob to adjust depending on which size maf you go with, the 3" or the 3.5" maf. If needed you can also tailor your idle if your rich or lean, and WOT fueling adjustments if needed.

WOW seems much simpler than I thought. Where can I buy a translator? It seems like the way to go is the LS1 maf. Anyone need a new never used stock maf????

WOW seems much simpler than I thought. Where can I buy a translator? It seems like the way to go is the LS1 maf. Anyone need a new never used stock maf????

If your new never used stock maf is an original GM one I would use that until it crapped out, but if it's a new stock rebuilt one I would go with the translator and LT1 or LS1 maf. You can buy the translator at FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Store Front Page

maf translator

:eek: Yeesh these are expensive then add half that for an LS1 maf. Yea my stocker will be fine for a while. Thanks for the information.

Wow

Thanks for the replys.
Nobody has said anything about the maf less setups, "speed density" ?

If anyone has time, I would really like to hear about the maf less .

Thanks for the replys.
Nobody has said anything about the maf less setups, "speed density" ?

If anyone has time, I would really like to hear about the maf less .

here it is , GO MAF PRO !:cool: why ? by the time you buy translater ,new MAF sensor you almost paid for MAF PRO and you still have very little tunning abilities , MAF PRO is great tunning device , speed density eliminates MAF sensor ( never have to buy one again ) your car will idle smother and did I mentioned is ELECTRONIC BOOST CONTROL also ?:rolleyes: now add you price of LS1 MAF sensor , translater and any good electronic boost controler and compare it to MAF PRO price :rolleyes: what do you think ?