translator plus versions

oddiesGN

Whats the differences between the versions of the translator plus? I bought a 4.2 version that has not been used alot and has been sitting around for a while. What am I missing out on compaired to the newer versions? Is there any way to get the newer version on an older unit?

Thanks, Otes

Basically the newest version (6.25) just added a couple more MAFs to the list. 85mm and 4" integrated if memory serves. And some other internal tweaks.

Basically the newest version (6.25) just added a couple more MAFs to the list. 85mm and 4" integrated if memory serves. And some other internal tweaks.

Thats what I wanted to hear. I'm only using the LS1 3.5" MAF so I should be good to go.

Thanks, Otes.

if the car runs fine, then there is no reason to upgrade.

Bob

Thanks for everyones help. I haven't drove the car yet with this translator and MAF yet, but the last owner had no problem so it should be good.

One last thing, do I have to hook up the wires to the coil for the timing tuning on the translator or can I just skip that part and run it as if its just a translator instead of the translator plus?

Otes.

It'll work just fine as a regular translator. As a matter of fact, since you're not running an Extender chip, that's really your only option. You'll need to make any fuel and timing adjustments via your TT chip.