Translator issues..

Fitman5150

Just recently picked up a used Translator for my GN. I did purchase a new 3" LT1 Impala SS MAF sensor also. When I hooked everything up the first time I could tell a BIG improvement in power. However, after about 30-min of driving the motor started missing, cutting out. But not dying...
After I reinstalled the stock MAF sensor, everything went back to normal (obviously not the improved performance)
Can someone please advise me on how to test/check the used Translator or the new MAF sensor to see why it's causing the motor to miss?
Thanks in advance everyone!!!

That's a tough one. The newer LT1/LS1 sensors are robust as hell and I've never heard of one being flaky or temp related. They typically either work or they don't.

Since your Translator is used, spend a little bit of time spinning the adjustment knobs back and forth, then give the rockers a good back and forth. If there's any localized corrosion in there, that might dislodge it and clean up the contacts enough to make it start acting right.

The best way to troubleshoot would be to swap with another car and see if the problem follows the translator or if it stays with your car (MAF).

Do you have anybody local that has a Translator equipped car?

Earl brown thanks for your reply.
I got it figured out after I called Mike Light @Full Throttle today.
The previous owner of translator had it set for a 3.5" MAF. I have a 3". So that cleared it up!
Thanks for your help sir!

That's odd. I would have mentioned double checking your settings but you said the car changed the way it ran after driving for 1/2 hour....

A bad setting should have been messed up from the beginning.

Take that as a lesson. These cars often don't give a crap about things that make sense. :D

That's odd. I would have mentioned double checking your settings but you said the car changed the way it ran after driving for 1/2 hour....

A bad setting should have been messed up from the beginning.

Take that as a lesson. These cars often don't give a crap about things that make sense. :D

Not always. The BLM was probably busy for a while trying to compensate for the wrong MAF. Eventually whacked out far enough to cause the terrible running.

Not always. The BLM was probably busy for a while trying to compensate for the wrong MAF. Eventually whacked out far enough to cause the terrible running.

That's true. Humans and their screwy perception of time and all...

but a correct BLM with a erroneous MAF reading should have nailed the INT hard and kept it there. INT isn't exactly what one would call 'lazy'.

I stand by my statement that these cars can be jerks sometimes. :D

I kid you not, my 3 inch setup only ran right when set to the 3.5 setting on the translator