Trans problem

Steve86TA

The trans decides to give me trouble last night.When cruising it dosent want to shift 1-2 till 3500 or so.When you are WOT it dosent want to shift till you let off of it.It dosent want to hold any power at all.Any suggestions?:mad:

My TTA is doing the same thing!?!?

on WOT, it will rev limit in 1st and never seems to hit second gear till I let off, but instead it seems to drop into 3rd (missing 2nd?).. in normal driving, it will rev high in first and then seem to skip second and drop into 3/OD or somthing.. tranny 'slipping' quite a bit.

I did noticed some slight Tranny fluid leaking. the other gears began slipping over time..

I dont want to go crazy re-filling tranny fluid, afraid of overfilling. I Gave it 3/4's quart today and the slipping is decreasing, but still seems to be missing 2nd.

From reading the forums, the GOV spring issue seems to have similar symptoms. I was'nt able to find much info that made sense to me about 'TV cable'.
Or, could be shy on fluid.. Dip stick seems to read ok to the line but fluid film to the line is very light.

Should fluid be heavy on the tranny dip stick?
How many quarts does the 2004r hold?

Any help?

:confused:

While we're on the trans subject, anyone else other than Razor loose MPH while using a Stage Right T brake? My MPH in the 1/4 is all over the place. I can make 4 passes at 115 with 1/8 MPH within just a tenth or so. Then I'll go out on pass #5 and run a HIGH 119 MPH pass (changing nothing) then drop back to 115-116 on the subsequent runs??? I tried making a pass in drive to no avail....same poor MPH. Do I need to remove the T brake parts to bring back the MPH and consistency? What did you have to do Razor? One thing I'll sure miss if I do take it out is not creeping through the lights!